Role Reversal

Sans p.o.v

"well, well, well, if it isn't the she-demon, herself." Frisk was reading my physics book.

"what? first a murderer, now a thief?" She flinched as she heard the venom in my voice.

"Sans... Look, I saw it on the table, and while I was waiting for Gaster to get here, I figured it'd be better if I did something that could be useful. I wasn't going to steal it." Odd. She usually gets defensive when I say stuff like this.

I should probably explain. This was reset 3, and the last one, ended with her killing everyone, except for me. Ever since, she keeps on trying to convince me that she wasn't the one in control. Yeah right. Gaster also came back with this reset. He actually trusts her, and he refuses to listen to what I have to say. He treats me like a child, someone who's inexperienced.

"hey, doc. glad to see you, today." He looked shocked to see me awake so early.

"Ah, Sans. I didn't expect to see you until later." That didn't shock me; I usually slept until noon, and it was 8.

"Good morning, Frisk. I see you're reading Sans' old physics book." He seemed to completely miss the part where it was mine.

"Good morning, doctor. It's a good read." Her hand went up to touch the back of her neck, and she gave a smile that didn't meet her eyes. Probably from awkwardness.

She then, put a loose piece of paper in the book and set it back down on the coffee table. Rising from her seat, she glanced at me, meeting my glare, and quickly looked back down.

"I actually have something for the two of you to do." It looked as if he smirked after he said it.

"what!? I'm not working with, that!" She winced at the harshness of my words.

"Maybe, we shouldn't work together. Since, it would make Sans uncomfortable." Is she trying to pin the blame on me!?

"Frisk, Sans... As much as I would hate to make either of you uncomfortable, this needs to be done." Fine, I'll do it. After all, I would loathe to prove Frisk right.

"This experiment could prove to be beneficial in allowing monsters to reach the surface." Gaster seemed confident in this 'experiment.'

"why!? just so she can reset all of the progress!?" I jabbed my finger in Frisk's direction.

"Look! I didn't do that out of spite! That last reset was because I killed everyone!" Tears were streaming down her face as her voice rose from anger.

"gaster, don't you see. she just admitted to it!" He couldn't say anything to deny the truth now.

"I already knew, Sans! She told me what happened..." When?

"i told you what happened! why not listen to me!?" Why did he put so much trust in the girl who murdered everyone in cold blood?

"You didn't have the full story... She really wasn't in control of herself... I did a scan of her soul, and I found something that didn't belong there..." She wasn't lying.

"that doesn't explain the first reset." I could feel my voice quiver.

In response, she just looked away.

"let's just do this." I had to bite back an insult.

Gaster guided us towards the true lab; he had spruced up the place since he'd come back.

"what exactly is this experiment?" He had peaked my curiosity.

"As you know, you were created as a vessel for storing human determination. I wanted to see if you were a success, and the best way to accomplish that, was to give you human determination." So, I'm a lab rat.