Pain

Sans p.o.v

"Sans, I'm putting you in charge of the homicide case." Our police chief was informing everyone of the positions we'd have while the FBI was here, and I had tuned him out until my name came up. Putting me in charge was pretty odd, coming from him, though.

"yes, sir." I wasn't going to complain. Besides, I kind of wanted to meet the agents anyway.

"Your partner will be Agent Dreemur. Respect them." This was going to be annoying. I really didn't want to babysit someone.

"yes, sir." I had grit my teeth and bare it.

While we were waiting for the agents to arrive we started talking about how they thought they were above us. We abruptly stopped when we heard the slamming of bags on one of our tables.

"Hello, officers. I am the co-leader of this assignment, agent Dreemur, and you will address me as such." She was dressed in a sweater and jeans, looked to be in her twenties, and the bag she had put down, looked to be over twenty pounds.

"well, officer dreemur. the name's officer font, and i will be your partner for this assignment." She looked me up and down, probably judging me.

"Great to meet you." She didn't look put off by me at all.

"Now... Let's get down to business. Do we have any leads?" At least she knew what she was talking about.

"unfortunately, no. that's why we sent for you." We'd been on this case for days, and as the days progressed, more people died.

"Finger prints? Calling card? Commonality? Even a vague, unreliable witness? Nothing?"

"well, they've all been women, there's a singular cut that goes from the top of the left shoulder to the middle of the chest, they've all been in their mid-thirties, and we found one crazy guy that raved about aliens for two hours." She sighed in defeat.

"The name of that guy?" She looked like she was praying for something.

"gregory smith." She looked very appalled.

"He gave you a false name. Gregory Smith was the victim of a mass murder, that we kept under wraps. The guy looked like putty, and if you guys let him go, that was a mistake. Witnesses are suspects too."

"we kept tabs on him. we told him to not leave the state." She looked like she was going to explode.

"You two, bring him in." She pointed to my brother and his partner.

"YES MA'AM." They went out to their car.

"Font, where were the bodies found?" I didn't answer for a while because I forgot that I hadn't told her my name.

"oakington park." She let out a heavy sigh, this was going to take a while.

"Come on. Everyone stand-by in case we need backup. I'll meet you at your car." She then took her bag and went towards the restrooms.

When she found my car, I saw her in uniform. She was wearing a dark blue shirt, probably covering Kevlar, and slick black pants. She had her bag slung over her shoulder.

"glad you could join me." She slammed the door when she got in.

"hey! what's your problem!?" She was starting to really get on my nerves.

"Before I slammed my bag down, your team was talking about my agency like we're the scum of the Earth. I volunteered to help you guys, and I don't appreciate the disrespect." She was seething.

"look, if i had known that you were female i wouldn't have let it happen."

Why? Because females are over-sensitive?"