Why

Jeongyeon's business trip ended up extended to a whole month. The girl didn't complain because she knew this kind of things happened in some business dealings. The only frustrating part of being out of her country for long was not being able to see her girlfriend. Jeongyeon admitted that she's becoming more and more clingy towards Nayeon. It worries her sometimes that she might overstepped but seeing Nayeon's returning the same amount of affections, Jeongyeon take that the feeling was mutual. Jeongyeon landed in Seoul after 11 hours long flight. She was exhausted but relieved at the same time knowing she will reunite with Nayeon. Jeongyeon missed the bunny girl but she's actually hasn't spoke to her girlfriend for over 2 weeks. She didn't know why suddenly Nayeon stopped calling her and Nayeon wasn't answering any of Jeongyeon's calls too. The blonde doesn't want to worry herself and just thought maybe Nayeon was busy with her work. 'But Nayeon only work as a bus conductor, she won't be that busy right?' Jeongyeon questioned herself. The same question has been running around her mind since the day Nayen stopped answering her calls. Jeongyeon brushed the negative thoughts off and called Chaeyoung, asking the cub to pick her up at the airport.

Chaeyoung arrived at the airport half an hour later. She showed Jeongyeon her dimples smile approaching the tired blonde. "Hyung! How's the trip?" Chaeyoung greeted, offering a fist bump that leads to their secret handshake which Jeongyeon gladly took. The two then laughed at each other. "Tiring cub. Let's not talk about that. I want to go home and sleep now." Jeongyeon sighed, dragging her luggage walking with Chaeyoung side by side. "Damn you do look worn out. Do you want to grab something to eat before we head to your house?" Chaeyoung offered. "I've eaten earlier. You hungry? We can stop by anywhere if you want." Jeongyeon asked. "Nah I'm good. I don't feel like eating anyway. Let's get you home. Oh hyung! Can I ask? Um why didn't you asked your girlfriend to pick you up? Don't get me wrong okay? I don't mind picking you up. I'm just curious." Chaeyoung questioned. Her voice is low and soft, afraid she might offends the older one. Jeongyeon forgot how innocent Chaeyoung can be sometimes and she honestly fine with the question. "Don't worry about it cub, there's nothing wrong with just asking. She didn't pick up my calls. I'm not sure why and as a matter of fact, I haven't talk to her for like, 2 weeks now." Jeongyeon answered emotionlessly. "What? Do you guys had a fight or something?" Chaeyoung threw another question. "We're not. I have been trying to reach her but she's not answering. I'm worried but I don't want my mind to mess with me right now because there's a lot of questions has been juggling in here." Jeongyeon pointed to her head. "I'm just gonna assume that she's busy or she lost her phone or something I don't know. Just not the bad stuff okay? I'll panic and I don't want that." Jeongyeon elaborate. "I'm sure she's fine. But hyung, talking about your girlfriend, you never really introduce us did you notice that? I don't even know her name lol." Chaeyoung laughed. "Um. I didn't? Really? I'll introduce her to you and Mina next time. Oh and her name is Na-," The conversation of the two was interrupted by Jeongyeon's phone. "Sorry cub I gotta take this." Jeongyeon picked the call up and jogged away. "Where are you going?" Chaeyoung shouted at the older girl and Jeongyeon just mouthed washroom leaving the cub alone. Chaeyoung shook her head still looking at Jeongyeon's direction when someone bumped into her. "I'm so so- Chaeyoung? What are you doing here?" Nayeon asked, straightening her skirt. "Nayeon unnie hey. I was picking up my friend. She just landed. Your plane just landed as well?" Chaeyoung asked back. "Yeah yeah. I'm sorry I didn't see where I was going. I'm a bit in a hurry because someone is waiting for me. Don't tell Mina you've bumped into me. She'll kill me if she found a single scratch on you. I gotta go now bye!" Nayeon waved Chaeyoung goodbye and left in the airport. "What are you looking at?" Jeongyeon suddenly appeared startling the younger girl. "Hyung! Don't scare me like that. Nothing. Come on let's go." The two finally left the airport.

"I'm not going up okay hyung? I'm seeing Minari after this. You have a good rest." Chaeyoung told Jeongyeon and the older one just nodded agreeing to whatever Chaeyoung was saying. She was too tired to respond properly. All she wanted to do at that moment is sleep. "Thanks cub. I'll hit you up tomorrow. Have fun. Send my regards to Mina." Jeongyeon stated. Chaeyoung left the household and Jeongyeon went up to her unit. Jeongyeon didn't waste any more time when she reached her bedroom. Although her eyes can barely open, she still manage put everything she had on hand, properly in place and head to her bed, launching her body onto the fluffy bed and fall sleep straight away. A certain amount of time has passed, the blonde was woken up with a sun light slipping through the black curtain landed right on her face. She slowly bring herself to a sitting position and realized that she's wearing the same attire. Jeongyeon looked at her wrist watch and gasp. "Holy shit 3PM?" She scanned her room, still a little bit zoned out because of the long sleep and began to strip her clothes off to take a shower. After an hour long getting ready, Jeongyeon grabbed her phone and called Momo. She thinks maybe Chaeyoung is with Mina and she hasn't been out with Momo for quite sometimes, so Jeongyeon reached out for the Japanese girl instead. "Yo Hirai. Where you at? Wanna grab some late lunch? Okay be there in half an hour. Bye." Jeongyeon grabbed her car keys and leave the house immediately.

"How's London?" Momo asked, digging in her food. "The usual. It's a business trip, nothing interesting." Jeongyeon replied plainly. "When did you landed? You should call me to pick you up at the airport." Momo stated. "Lol you have a soft spot for me now Hirai? Awwh I miss you too. Although you're annoying." Jeongyeon flashed her heart eyes that changed to a disgusted expression after. "Ew in your dreams Yoo. I just wanted to use it as an excuse so that I can get out of the office. Gosh it's suffocating to just sit there with stacks of papers these past few days." Momo explained. "Just go out. You're the boss." Jeongyeon uttered. "Not if the 'big boss' is there." Momo stopped eating and sighed. "Oohhh your dad is there. What is he doing here? Bad business?" Jeongyeon suddenly focused on the girl in front of her. "Yo don't jinxed that. No. The business is fine. He got some new clients here. Said he wanted to introduce me to them. The company is quite active globally too. I forgot the company name but, I heard the one that I'm meeting is cute." Momo stated. "You punk. That's all that matters to you isn't?" Jeongyeon tap Momo's head. "Oh come on. I'm not going to date my client or anything but it won't hurt to test the waters right?" Momo smirked, sipping on her orange juice. "And if the waters waves?" Jeongyeon play along. "Then I'll surf on it." Momo grinned. "You said you won't date your client!" Jeongyeon kicked her friend under the table. "That hurts you jackass! Well if its meant to be, why not? Come on Jeong, you have a gorgeous girlfriend. I want one too. Not Nayeon of course. Although if there is a slight chance, I'll definitely swoop her away from you the moment you slack off." Jeongyeon was a bit taken aback with what Momo has said. She missed the girl dearly but she has no idea where the girl is. "Don't even think about it not even in your dreams Hirai. I'll hunt you down and put you to an early grave." Jeongyeon warned. "That's an extreme devotion right there, my friend and you're creepy. Anyway, let's go to the mall after this. I wanna buy something." Momo stated. "Your big boss's okay with you roaming around on an office hour?" Jeongyeon laughed as she tries to deliver a hidden meaning behind her statement. "Damn you make it sounds like I'm a bad employee but screw that. That office hour shit doesn't apply to me. Besides, I've been cooped up with him for a few days so I deserved to enjoy a leisure day. Now stop talking and finish your food." Momo ordered. "Ookay 'boss'." Jeongyeon mocked.

The two finish their lunch and drove to the mall. It's not really common for Jeongyeon to see Momo to go shopping. The girl usually went alone. But it's not odd seeing her friend like that too since she knows Momo likes to spend her money on clothes. The girl's wardrobe must be massive, Jeongyeon thinks. Jeongyeon was checking some crop tops when she heard a faint familiar voice from outside the store. She lifted up her heads and saw a very familiar figure. Jeongyeon stopped whatever she was doing and her eyes were immediately fixed on a pair of couple. "Nayeon?" Jeongyeon whispered to herself. Jeongyeon's heart pounded rapidly. She can't believe her eyes. Her heart screams when she saw the guy's hand was wrapped neatly on Nayeon's waist. 'What is happening?' Jeongyeon just watched the couple but they did not notice her. Jeongyeon's heart got shattered into a thousand pieces when she saw the couple picked up a pair of twins in their arms. 'They looked so happy.' Jeongyeon can't hide the pain she's having on that time. She didn't realized she'd shed a tear when she felt it dropped on her hand. Jeongyeon wiped off her tear and stared into her palm. "Jeong let's go to-," Momo tapped Jeongyeon's shoulder and her tongue was tied the moment she noticed the couple not far from them. "Isn't that..? Nayeon? Who the hec-, fuck." Momo bulged her eyes. Jeongyeon still staring blankly at her hand. "Nayeon.." Jeongyeon whispers again. "Jeong." Momo snapped her fingers in front of her friend. "Hey Jeongyeon look at me. Let's get out of here." Momo dragged Jeongyeon out of the store and leave the mall. Momo drove Jeongyeon back to her condo. The two didn't even utter a word while on the drive. Jeongyeon was too buried inside her felings and Momo was just lost for words. She didn't even know how to respond. Momo sent Jeongyeon up to her unit. The two still didn't utter anything from their mouths. Momo has never been into this kind of situation but she surely know how much it hurts when someone who you cares deeply, betrayed you in front of your eyes. "Jeongyeon, you want anything to eat?" Momo asked hesitantly. Jeongyeon didn't respond instead she walked to her bedroom leaving Momo in the living room, dumbfounded. Momo followed the blonde from behind. Jeongyeon reached her bed and helplessly curled up in her comforter. "Jeongyeon.." Momo tried to cooed her friend again. "Leave me alone." Jeongyeon replied. Momo can hear that the girl is crying. "Okay. Call me if you need anything." Momo sighed and leave the blonde's unit. Jeongyeon clenched a fist and pounds her chest. "Why does it hurt so much..? why did you do this..?why did you lie to me..? why..? Nayeon.. I love you.." Jeongyeon cried herself to sleep that night.