prolouge

each raindrop kissed her skin, blessing her with a kiss from mother nature

each raindrop kissed her skin, blessing her with a kiss from mother nature. her hair was one with her face, make up ran with the rain. 'you okay?' she heard a voice from behind. it was hard to hear, with the echoing of falling rain, she was forced to turn around. 'huh?'. he was pale, just like her. soulless blue eyes looked into each other 'are you okay?' he shouted. rain slumped down, as if it was supposed to hammer the whole of london down to a pulp. 'yeah' she mumbled. 'what're you doing out in the rain, it's tipping it down?' he asked. placing his phone in his pocket, he looked up at the stranger, rain running down her face.

'bit of a personal question to ask a stranger ain't it?' she chuckled. smiling, the boy took his hand out of his jacket for her to shake 'ethan' he smiled. jumping down from the bridge, she stood opposite the stranger. shaking the boys hand 'hadley' she nodded. 'hadley, funny name?' ethan smirked. 'ethan, basic name' she sighed. 'what're you doing out?' hadley asked, raising a brow as the man standing infront of her. 'going out on a run, you?' ethan sighed.

'funny hour to be going on a run' she squinted. she couldn't see his face properly, the rain disproportionated his face. 'could say the same for you?' he cocked his head. biting her lip, hadley sighed and ethan placed his hands back into his coat pockets. 'so what're you doing by the river bank?' ethan asked. 'i don't know, ethan. you tell me, ethan' hadley smirked. looking back at the stranger, she saw how the rain merged, creating ripples. busy cars lit up the roads, crystalline colours soar past the two strangers, cars wipers in full swing as they go past. ethan chuckled. 'so hadley, how old are you?' ethan coughed.

hadley forced a smile to her face '21'. perking on the side of the bridge, hadley was next to the boy. 'you?' she looked at him. his blue eyes stood out, she couldn't help but stare '24' he smirked. piercing her lips, hadley forced a smile to her face. 'so hadley, what were you really doing standing at the side of a bridge?' he raised a brow. she was never going to see him again, so what was the point. 'i was going to jump' hadley smiled. looking back at the river, she sighed.

'oh' ethan coughed. 'oh don't worry, i'm fine now' hadley smiled. 'any reason why?' ethan asked. life was so precious, something like that should be looked after not disposed. 'that's a story for another time, ethan' hadley smirked. her brown hair looked black as the water ran through it. she didn't care that her clothes were soaked. 'right, i'm leaving now' hadley chirped. standing up, she smiled at ethan. 'nice to meet you in these unfortunate circumstances' she grinned. 'wait, hadley' ethan coughed. 'bye ethan'.