05

his hands let go of the silk duvet, placing it down on the grey sheet. 'ethan?' hadley mumbled, stirring as she woke up. 'go back to sleep' he smiled as she pressed her cheek into the white pillowcase. 'no, i need to help around the house' hadley sighed, opening her eyes. 'no go back to sleep, you need it' ethan whispered, pointing to hadley. looking down, she saw how she was curled up at the side of the mattress, minimal duvet covering her. 'i hogged most the bed last night, you need the sleep' ethan chuckled.

attempting to sit upright, hadley squinted, her eyes adjusting to the lights. 'see i'm up' hadley rubbed her eyes. sighing with a smile on his face. 'it's around five in the morning, had. i'm going to the gym, go back to sleep' ethan mumbled, putting on his gum shark top. hadley nodded, closing her eyes again. 'wake me up when your back please' hadley mumbled into the pillow. ethan smiled 'yeah'.

'mayb

-

'hadley, you're awake?' ethan cocked his head, sweat dripping down him. hadley nodded, placing a glass in the cupboard. 'i couldn't get back to sleep, so i've tided up a bit' hadley mumbled, closing the cupboard door. 'cheers' he smiled. 'i'm just gunna hop in the bath, you're welcome to have a shower or something after' ethan smirked, walking past. hadley nodded. 'once we're both ready, d'you wanna go shopping?' ethan asked, throwing his towel slightly. with her eyes fixated on the moving object, hadley nodded, not paying attention toon to what he was actually saying. 'okay' ethan smiled, walking off out the kitchen.

'morning' hadley chirped a smile placed on her face as a grumpy charlie walked into the kitchen, his hair messy and face pale. grunting, charlie placed himself down on the sofa 'would you like some tea or coffee?' hadley suggested, trying to make conversation with her semi permanent roommate. 'no' he mumbled. hadley stayed quiet, it was obvious charlie didn't want to speak to her.

hadley stood still, looking out the windows. the sky was clear, very little airplanes flew past. hadley felt so mesmerised by view, she had always seen the scatty, dark alleyways of london. she felt privileged to even spend a night in somewhere so elegant, somewhere so clean. regardless that she was sharing a bed with someone, it was fine with her.

'what's your name?' charlie spoke up, pausing the tv which was muted out by her thoughts. 'oh um, hadley' she nodded. smiling at the brunette, he narrowed his eyes 'how'd you meet behz?'he questioned, adjusting himself on the sofa, one arm rested on the side. 'behz?' hadley asked, confused to where the nickname came from. 'ethan' he rolled his eyes. 'oh um, i met him in london, by the river thames' hadley nodded awkwardly 'and he just randomly invited you to live with us?' charlie raised a brow, suspicion grew inside of him. 'uhm, no. it was after we met a couple times. but i'm not planning on staying' hadley reassured.

hadley knew that she would only stay here a couple weeks, get the job that ethan offered. she didn't mind going back to the streets for a couple months or a year, she would be saving money and that way she could get a house. 'ohh right' charlie nodded. hadley gulped, feeling slightly intimidated by the questions and  belittling tone. 'you know about ethans ex?' charlie scoffed. hadley shook her head 'no, i didn't ask' she mumbled. 'yeah, we wouldn't want you priding your nose into other people's business' charlie smiled. nodding, hadley held her head down low 'good' he chuckled.