04

hadley rested her chin on her knee, her arms wrapped around her leg, hair down and messy

hadley rested her chin on her knee, her arms wrapped around her leg, hair down and messy. blue eyes gazed out the window, the window that allowed her to see what she had been missing for five years. 'can't sleep as well?'  she heard a voice from behind her. she sighed, turning around she smiled at the boy. hadley shook her head, facing back toward the window, she felt him sit next to her. 'yano, i don't think i've ever looked out this window at night' he smiled. hadley chuckled 'sorry if i woke you' she smiled.

'na. don't worry about it, couldn't sleep anyway' he shrugged. halsey cocked her head 'what's wrong?' she asked, her voice delicate. 'you're the first person to sleep in my bed after my girl- ex, girlfriend slept there' ethan sighed, scratching the back of his head. hadley bit her lip, resting her head on his shoulders. 'pretty shit' she sighed. 'i'm not going to ask you about her' hadley smiled. 'thank you' he nodded. 'it's nice to not have to explain anything to anyone, it's nice to let them know what they need to know without pe joke nagging out it' he smiled. 'i understand, i hate it' she huffed, looking down at her fingers. 'you know' ethan coughed. over the brimming silence 'ever since i met you on that bridge, i've been worried about you ever since' ethan mumbled, looking down at the time on his phone 3:41

'why?' hadley asked, looking up at him. his face was worn down, he had been through so much. 'what you said, it just made me feel weird. yano, and then you walk away like everything is fine' ethan sighed, licking his lips. 'yeah, i'm like that sometimes, i just need to be distracted for a while' she huffed, not telling ethan everything. telling him what he needed to know. 'life is so precious, hadley' ethan sighed. she shrugged, people had different views, opinions on how they see life, it was delicate to some and replaceable to the next. 'i guess' hadley sat up, her eyes gluing to the lights sparking up the sky. 'let's get some sleep, we can talk in the morning' ethan smiled, looking down at the brunette next to him. hadley nodded, the bags under her eyes weighing her face down. 'thank you' hadley sighed 'i don't think i understand how lucky i am' she smiled. 'don't worry about it' ethan chuckled. 'it's what friends do' he smiled.

hadley hadn't heard that phrase in a long time, back when she was a teenager. she had lost her social life when she left her home, leaving everyone behind. 'come on, if we go to bed now, i'll take you shopping tomorrow' he smiled. hadley was to tired to argue, to many things on her mind. she wasn't going to let him pay for stuff, she had a tenner somewhere. nodding, hadley followed him into his bedroom.

'you look tired' he chuckled as he lifted up the duvet. shrugging, hadley sighed 'i guess' she mumbled. getting in the bed, she looked at ethan, he was staring at her. 'what's wrong?' he asked, turning off the light. sighing, hadley faced away from him 'it's my first time in five years sleeping in a bed where i didn't have to sleep with someone'