2O ʚ

- 𝑃𝑂𝑉; san

it was resplendent, luxurious. exhilarating. it was almost as if he tasted like he looked. like honey; sweet and nothing else other than pure. nothing else could compare. nothing else could taint it. it was exactly as he remembered.

more, more and more. he took in as much blood as he could.

it was like the medicine, or remedy that could cure him of his historical starvation and ancient desire for an elixir as sweet and as ravishing as this.

he didn't want to drain wooyoung too much, so he decided to stop. and as soon as his teeth had left the other's collarbone, he instantaneously missed it.

fuck me...

it was at that word that he condemned himself to lean back into the chair.

just get some shut-eye, maybe i'll forget how he tastes again.

shut-eye?

impossible.

as soon as he'd closed them, he'd opened them again to the discordant clatter of the aeroplane engine. the clatter also awakened his companion, who took a brief moment to alert himself and comprehend the sound that had disrupted him in the first place.

"sannie..?"

"wooyoung, stay calm."

"what-- why?!"

"i think the plane is going to crash."

at the mere breath of the sentence, the entire conference of passengers, classmates and teachers had erupted into panic.

san himself, his head seemed to run a million miles an hour. he tried to be calm for wooyoung, and be stronger, but really he couldn't take it.

"please look under your chair compartments. there will be an oxygen mask. attach it carefully to the passenger next to you, and vice versa. the aircraft will have a crash landing."

the speakers iterated the warning message.

san looked at wooyoung, who's eyes were wide with terror. it was almost a reflection of san himself, on the inside.

"come here, i'll put your mask on." he urged, after pulling the mask from under his seat. he put it carefully onto the boy's face, and then wooyoung did the same for him.

"i'm scared, san..."

"i know, me too."

he pulled wooyoung close to him, encircling him in his arms. if this meant their death, san would make sure they were holding on to each other until their very last ounces of oxygen.

he cradled him, and rocked him gently. he could hear wooyoung sobbing, while san silently and anxiously cried over the fear of the unknown. though, wooyoung wasn't able to see his tears, only feel them on his hair.

"what if we don't make it?"

"we won't know about it. but, we'll die knowing at least we're here together." he whispered, massaging the younger's thigh. wooyoung nodded, and san kissed his forehead lightly.

"i love you san."

"i love you too." he responded, now wiping away the tears that bubbled in wooyoung's kaleidoscopic eyes, but not even caring for his own.

in fact, he didn't fear death. nor did he fear the pain.

the biggest fear was either one of them being left alone at the end of it.