T E N ~ S P O I L T

J A C K S O N

~ ~ ~

When I got to work this morning, I barely had time to settle in because we were called in to a massive road accident. There were at least twelve cars involved and the casualties were well into the dozens. To make a long story short, I was more than happy to find out that there was a mix up in the night shift. I could go home to my girl after a long day.

Never in a million years did I expect to come home and see my girl and my baby sister dressed like they were trying to give me an aneurysm.

"I'll ask again but don't expect a third time. Where do you both think you're going dressed like that?"

Nerida looked just about ready to shit herself but as always, Juliette was ready for conflict.

"Well, since you want to know so much, Nerida and I are going to a club," she stated, folding her arms across her chest.

"Oh, is that so?" Sardonicism poured out of my words.

For the first time in front of Juliette, I looked at Nerida and made no effort to hide the desire behind it. From her smooth, caramel legs to the way her dress made no effort to hide her generous bust. 

Nerida Spade was not a teenaged girl anymore, she hadn't been for a long time. The last couple months definitely served proof of that.

"Go down to the lobby and wait until I call you," I instructed Juliette, making sure she knew that I was not in the mood for her crap.

"Don't speak to Juliette like that."

If it's one thing that lights a fire under Nerida's ass, it's disrespecting Juliette. She was immensely protective of her best friend.

When I stared at her directly, I could see the slight hesitation in her eyes but I was proud of her for standing her ground.

The sound of the door shutting behind Juliette echoed throughout the apartment as annoyance emanated off of Nerida.

"Now that we're alone, you mind repeating what you said earlier?"

"So you have a hearing problem now. One too many sirens in your ear." She threw her purse to the couch and stormed into the kitchen. I took slow, calculated steps in her direction, wondering how far she was willing to take this.

She was busy trying to pour herself a shot of tequila and I knew she was doing all of this just to piss me off further. Nerida doesn't drink alcohol.

She picked up the little glass, ready to knock it back, and I paused. Let's see how brave she really is. We made eye contact over the glass and I raised my eyebrow condescendingly.

"Don't let me stop you Nerida, drink away."

"Don't tell me what to do Jackson! As a matter of a fact..." She marched over to the sink and poured the shot down the drain in 'defiance'. I knew she wouldn't do it. She can act stubborn all she wants, she'll always be my good girl.

I walked into the kitchen and she immediately started backing away, not even paying attention to the fact that she was just about to trap herself.