B O N U S # 2

N E R I D A

~ ~ ~

...the closest thing to smut you guys are gonna get

...this takes place within the two year leap
(between chapters 8 & 9)
a little closer to chapter 9

~ ~ ~

I was bored.

Painstakingly bored.

I didn't have work today so that alone was the ultimate recipe for boredom. Juliette was going clubbing tonight with her other friends and she's pampering herself at the spa.

On top of all this and worst of all, Jackson wouldn't be home until later tonight.

I convinced him to go out for drinks with his coworkers after work in order to encourage him to be more social.

Boy did I regret that now.

I was the epitome of restlessness and I had no one to burn off all my excess energy with.

Pointlessly I roamed throughout the apartment, clad in only one of Jackson's t-shirts.

The moment I realized that I was considering cleaning the place, I knew I needed to find something to do.

I decided to just stuff my face to bide my time and I was in the mood for something sweet, as usual.

An idea struck me and it only spiraled when I realized Jackson wasn't here to stop me.

I got to work making every sweet I could.

Cookies, cakes, French toast, choux pastry, pumpkin pie... everything I could think of.

It wasn't all peaches and cream that's for sure.

The cookies burnt and my cake didn't rise so that's why I made the French toast; to heal my broken self esteem.

When my French toast came out fantastic, I was so proud that I decided to try the choux.

I'd like to say that the fact that the recipe was so easy contributed greatly to my success but I'm not going to discredit myself.

I made that choux my bitch.

At that point, I felt like some sort of master chef and I was on a roll.

As part of my everlasting mission to show Jackson that I would be the most amazing wife, I made the pumpkin pie.

I don't understand how he can't see how much I love him. We could be so good together, we're already so good together.

I didn't care how long or how hard I had to grovel to show him that I was the woman for him.

It was only after I put a mountain of whip cream on the pumpkin pie did I realize that I made a mess in the kitchen. More of a mess than usual.

The contemplation was real.

On one hand, I can make Jackson fall in love with me tonight because of this pumpkin pie. He worships that vegetable. He might fall in love with me much faster if I just dress up like a big ass pumpkin.