Chapter 1

The sun was beating down on the the people and ground. The "ground" was really sand and dirt as the people wore clothes with almost no color in them. On their feet were wooden sandals and their skin ranged from light to dark of all shades from the hot scorching rays of the sunlight. Many people were in the same class, as in they were all mostly commoners whereas the highest in person with power was the Pharoah. Not many people got to see or talk to their newly crowned Pharaoh and they only ever saw him once, when he was crowned as their ruler but many have heard how caring he is especially compared to the previous rulers.

"Atem!!" An almost to high-pitched voice rung out somewhere inside the palace walls. A girl with long brown hair and emerald green eyes ran into the throne room knowing that it was now empty for the day. She ran up to a man, who was just heading to the door she opened as she flung her arms around him while smiling happily.

"Mana, what are you doing here?" The man, Atem, said with a slight chuckle and hugged back.

"I wanted to see you, it's been a long time since we got to hang out" The girl, Mana, said with a slight pout as she pulled out of the hug.

"We can hang out later ok? I'm really tired" Atem said with a sigh and tilted his head down a bit staring at his feet. His shoes were an almost white color and protected his toes whereas almost everyone else had sandals on daily. His fairly tanned skin was like everyone else's too but unlucky others he wore a lot more jewelry. Golden cuffs on his wrists, golden armbands on each arm, some on each leg that were right enough to hold themselves up and even a golden belt. His clothes were the same color as his shoes minus the flap of cloth, that was hanging from his belt in front, that was blue. To finish the look off he had a golden crown with the eye of Horus on it and a golden upside down pyramid necklace that also had the eye of Horus in the middle of the front.

"Oh, ok..." She said slowly with concern and a bit of sadness showing in her eyes. Atem lifted his gaze from the floor to look at her. He gave a small nod and smiled. Some of his blond bangs were off to the sides of his face while some were shooting back into the rest of his hair that was black with red at the tips. His eyes were a medium crimson color that shined brightly in certain lighting.

Mana gave him a nod of her own as she walked back through the door, leaving with one last glance back and a small wave. Atem made his way back to his room and slowly removed all his jewelry. He placed his necklace and crown right next to his bed on a small wooden table and removed his top. When he was finally done pulled back to covers and laid down trying to get confy. He laid there for about two minutes before he felt someone lay down with him as he closed his eyes and drifted to sleep.

"I love you" A young females voice was the last thing he heard before he drifted off to sleep with a smile on his face.

------Time Skip-------- 

"Egypt, I wonder what it was like back then"

A girl with long wavy red hair and shining brown eyes stood in front of an old run down place that had hieroglyphs on it. The faded color seemed to be almost gold like in nature before the place was, seemingly, abandoned. Her hair was in a high ponytail, some bangs on the side of her slightly chubby cheeks swayed in the wind and her eyes seemed to sparkle with curiosity as her almost completely pale skin was getting tan from the harsh rays of the sun. She wore denim shorts and a red tank top with black sneakers. She had a golden belt around her waist that has the eye of Horus on it that one of the locals gave to her when they arrived. The man had looked almost fearful when he looked into her eyes as he quickly handed it to her and ran off.

"Hopefully we'll learn something from these ruins..." The girl said, trailing off at the end as she walked slowly along the side of the broken wall while staring at it intently.