𝗘𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 - 𝗣𝘂𝗯𝗲𝗿𝘁𝘆

Now I figured the majority of you guys reading this will be at the start of your period or maybe you haven't started your period just yet and you're just

Now I figured the majority of you guys reading this will be at the start of your period or maybe you haven't started your period just yet and you're just... finding your feet, so to say.

Well never fear, for I am here!

Puberty is when your child body begins to develop into an adolescent body which will cause you to grow up into an adult! Your body grows fast and you will look as well as feel different.

For boys, it consists of their testicles growing, them growing hair in different places, their voices deepening and more.

But this here is a period book and so I'm going to talk about the pubertal developments in females.

Girls mature first, causing them to usually go through puberty at the ages of 8-13. In puberty, the pituitary gland in your brain releases hormones (chemical messengers) that are delivered to different parts of your body for changes.

The hormones target the two ovaries in girls which contain eggs so oestrogen is produced that will help the girl have periods and even become pregnant someday.

Also, hormones cause girls to grow hair in different places such as their armpits and on and around their genitals.

You'll also experience a growth spurt which may make you feel awkward and clumsy but don't worry! You'll even out and pass that stage. As this happens, you'll develop curves. This includes your hips widening and breasts developing, starting with just a little swelling beneath your nipples. Girls usually tend to wear bras then, especially if they do sports.

An idea as to when your period will be - It's usually two years after your breasts begin to develop.

Another thing that comes up with puberty is acne. Naturally, just as your hair grows more oilier, your face will grow more oilier and you'll develop pimples. They can be on your body too. This is normal but if you're really concerned, do see a doctor. Please do not squeeze, pop or scratch your spots though, they'll leave marks which you may regret.

You may also be extremely sweaty due to your sweat glands so you've got to keep up on personal hygiene!

It sounds like a lot but you'll also start to discharge which is normal. If you spot anything out of the ordinary then do consult a trusted adult, friend or a doctor which'll refer you to a gynaecologist.

As well as being physical, puberty is also emotionally changing. This includes temper issues as well as sexual feelings which is completely normal! You may also have wet dreams which happens to boys more but girls also have sexual dreams. But you can always talk to someone about your feelings - you're never alone.

So that's pretty much it! All you have to do is remember you can talk to someone no matter who you are and you also don't need to worry about catching up to friends and whatnot.

Puberty isn't a race. It's completely normal :)