11

,, jack " bunny softly called as the boy opened his eyes slowly focusing on bunny who was by his bed side.
,, come on .. let's get up the jets have a surprise for you "

Jack found himself smiling a little as he sat up swinging his feet over the edge of the bed as he watched bunny wait for him when he stopped on his way to the door. ,, you got it frostbite?"

Jack nodded getting onto his feet as he followed, bunny couldnt help but notice that his knees were shaking a little again and he figured it was because he had another nightmare.

It has been another few weeks and slowly jack had started gaining little weight which made everyone proud and happier. And the happier they got the more they would see jacks smile appear more naturally.

Altho everything seemed to be getting better. Bunny felt like some thoughts in Jack's head werrnt voiced yet and exactly these thoughts where holding him back from getting better.
But he couldnt ask, whenever he asked jack would say that he didnt want to tlak about it.

Walking through the halls jack slowly started to calm a little and increase the speed of his steps along with bunny.
,, how did you sleep ?"

,, fine.. " jack mumbled smirking ,, you need to stop worrying.. it doesnt look good on your hope and all image "

Bunny huffed shaking his head as they finally arrived in the main hall where north was sitting on a chair snoring to himself.

An elf flinch as he saw jack and instandly grabbed the plate with cookies to rush over to him and offer some.
The winter spirit smiled taking a hold of one ,, thanks little guy "

Jetis came rushing over just as jack bit into the cookie and they started talking around stuff that neither him nor the easter bunny understood before a couple of other jetis appeard moving a statue behind them with themselves.

Jack frowned confused and bunny only rose his eyebrows as he watched them.

Once they stopped in front of them one removed the sheet hanging over them to reveal an ice statue of jack sitting on the moon.

THey couldnt recognize it at first because it was handmade and a little sloppy which made bunny try and suppress a laugh while jack stepped closer smiling.

,, what happened !? " the boy flinched only to be steadied by bunny as both turned to see north having jumped onto his feet with his sword stretched out.
,, oh .. I'm sorry I must have dreamed something " he cleared his throat putting his sword back as he stepped closer to them ,, jack how are you ? Did you sleep well ?"

,, yes .. I'm fine " the winter spirit answered which satisfied north as he turned to the statue ,, what is that ?"

One of the jetis acted offended which made jack giggle at the scene.
,, it's a present for me .. the jetis did it "

,,, ofcorse " the eldest acted as if he had been blind as he patt on Phil's shoulder

The winter spirit smiled going closer to the statue as he reached his hand out to touch it with his finger tips.

He suddenly grunted pulling it back to himself which caused bunny's smile to fall as he stepped closer almost instandly. All eyes were on him when jack stepped back only to lose balance as his knees gave in.

Bunny reacted the fastest as he caught the boy in his arms to lower him gently to the ground, frowning confused and worried up at north when jack blinked weakly as he was leaning against bunny.

,, his hair " north stated as few of the left white hair slowly turned to brown aswell.

Bunny clenched his jaw picking him up in his arms as he headed back into the direction to his room.
,, bunny-"

,, get his staff.. "

,, what ?" North glanced at him a little unsure

,, we dont have time to wait for him to get better.. if we dont do something now he will end up becoming mortal and die " the Easter spirit was trying to sound reasonable or commanding but it sounded more fearful than he wanted it to.

North didnt say anything back but rather nodded, knowing he was right and that he couldnt say anything to make it better or easier.

---

,, bunny?" Jack mumbled sitting up in bed as he sighed holding his forehead.

,, yeah I'm here " the easter spirit walked closer again sighing himself ,, how do you feel ?"

,, it happened again ?" He asked confused when he realized he couldnt remember much that had happened after north woke up to judge the statue.

,, dont worry about it .. " bunny smiled weakly at him as he placed a hand onto his. ,, but theres something.. we havent told you yet .."

Jack looked down at their hand sadly almost as if he knew what it was about when he saw how tooth entered with sandy close behind her.
,, jack !" She cheered flying in faster to hug him ,, are you ok ? "

He nodded feeling tired of hearing the same question everyday more than once from each one of them.

She seemed equally as sad as bunny was and sandy smiled at him patting his hand almost in comfort.

,, what's going on ?" He asked now feeling a little unsure. He had a feeling about what it was about but he didnt want to hear it or say it.

,, jack .. we .. " tooth sighed sadly as she stopped flying to stand and hug herself looking to the door.

North entered with something in his arms wrapped up in sheets. He held it carefully as he stepped closer.

And jack frowned realizing what it was as he froze in his place.
,, hey ... no matter what snowflake, we are here for ya.. ok you dont have to go through anything alone anymore.. "

He hesitated as north brought it closer to put it in jack lap.

The boy could feel himself getting a little scared when he glanced into it in his lap moving his hands to removed the sheets slowly.

He knew long before he unwrapped it what it was but he hadnt known how bad it was.

Once everything was revealed jack only stared empty down at the broken pieces of his staff.

The rest of the guardians glanced at jack expectantly but also sympathetically.
,, jack .. " tooth appears by his side but he didnt respond when he still looked at the pieces slowly touching them.
,,, we're sorry ... "

Bunny's hand landed on tooths shoulder as she wanted to get closer because he knew jack wanted space by the look in his eyes.

The winter spirit blinked shakingly when he picked a piece up holding it in both his hands when the first tear rolled down his cheek,, c-can you g-guys leave me f-for a bit ?"

Bunny's heart ached at the sight when jack wouldnt even look at them as if he had been ashamed of crying again.
,, jack .. plea-" north hand landed on his leg supportivly but jack shrugg away from it.

,, please .. I... I w-wanna be alone "
The boy shakingly said and north sighed as he stood up nodding at the others when they made their way to the door.

Bunny looked in conflict with himself once he had reached it and north had noticed when he stopped him while the others looked at bunny.
,, you should maybe stay " tooth mumbled worriedly

,, shes right.. you're the only one he listens to, he cant be left alone after this" north stated with a gentle sigh and bunny frowned sadly looking down at sandman to see his sand pictures of jack holding onto bunny above his head meaning that he had trusted him more than anyone.

He nodded giving them a soft smile as much as he wouldve denied it in the past.. despite the situation he felt a little happy now that everyone thought of them being the closest.

He closed the door a little before turning back inside to see jack clutching the pieces to himself as fat tears started rolling down his cheeks when he sobbed sinking into himself