Chapter II - I'm Not Over You

"Hi, good morning, Alexa."

"Oh, good morning Calliope. How's your date with your husband last night?"

"It was amazing, Alexa. Oh by the way, have you done your final report from yesterday's case? I heard it was quite brutal case."

"Well, almost there. Just gonna send it to my boss."

"Oh,okay. Whoa, look at the time. I gotta go to work, see you tomorrow."

"Okay, see you tomorrow, Calliope! Thanks for the breakfast!"

     Yup, the woman who was giving me breakfast is one of my close friends in New York, she's a high school teacher who lives with her husband, Mr Reinhart and their beautiful identical twins, Athena and Dawn. I met her the first time a few years ago, when I just moved to New York for continuing my studies. She helped me a lot during my stay in New York, she's so kind, just as my mom. *Sighs* I miss my mom, wished she is here with me... Okay, no more sappy moment, Alexa. Gotta send this report to Dr Collins. And, done!

     Fuih, thank goodness I got two weeks off, I can finally recharge myself after Mr Nicholas' case, rest in peace, sir. Your justice is upheld. As I'm scrolling Instagram, I came across to my ex crush's account, and a million memories ran through my head.

     He's Cedric Harper Jung, the smartest of the batch during my state university days, he's quite attractive in my opinion. Safe to say, he's the paragon of man. I'm used to like, well no, love him. And like all cliché rom-com movies, he's one of the most popular guy in our university. I know, cliché much? I guess I loved him because of his personality, he's resourceful, whenever I needed help, the first person that came in my mind was him, I remembered that I panicked over an unfinished project and was due tomorrow to submit the project, he managed to calm me down, so I guess that made me fell in love with him.

     But I did stupid thing on Valentine's day, you guess it. I confessed to him on Valentine's day. I know, I'm totally an idiot. I knew he didn't love me, but I followed my guts to do so. I just wanted to let him know that I loved him, that's all. But 4 days after that confession, he rejected me, saying that we should stay as friends. Actually I knew he didn't want to tell me the truth, because he was afraid that I would be hurt, but I told him that I would be fine after he told me the truth, even though I knew his answer.

To be continued...