Chapter Seven ~ Carpe Diem

Chapter Seven

Carpe Diem

    The Great Hall filled with students as Rose sat between Olivia and Albus, practically dumping the entire sugar bowl on her porridge. Albus was her main object of conversation though since Olivia and Ian were to busy snogging beside her.

“Do you mind?” she finally said, spoon clattering onto the table “People are trying to eat here.”

Unlocking her lips from Ian’s, Olivia stuck her tongue out at Rose and giggled “Just pretend we’re not here.”

“Get your tongue away from me; it’s been in Ian’s mouth for ten minutes straight.”

Albus laughed as Olivia shrugged and went back to snogging Ian as if her life depended on it “C’mon Rosie, let the lovers be. You’ll be the same one day, I’m sure.”

“Don’t count on it,” she said, pouring milk over her brown sugar coated porridge “I think I might just be single forever, safe myself all the energy and saliva.”

“That’s disgusting Rose, really.” Albus made a face and plucked a piece of toast from the pile “But who cares? We’ve got Hogsmeade today and the Valentines Day party later in the Prefects tower.”

“Do I have to go?” asked Rose, wrinkling her nose “I’ll just end up sitting in a corner by myself.”

“Don’t be silly,” Olivia detached herself from Ian again (much to his disappointment) and frowned “I’ve already got you a date!”

Pumpkin juice flew across the table, spraying all over Albus, who looked surprised and annoyed as he wiped the drink from his eyes. “Excuse me?” Rose spluttered, not noticing her cousin’s dirty looks “You did what?!”

Olivia didn’t seem fazed at all, in fact she looked rather gleeful “Well, since I’m going with Ian obviously and Albus is going with Leanne, I didn’t want you to be lonely!”

So you got me a date?!

“Yup!” Olivia had a pleased look on her face “You can thank me now.”

“I will do no such bloody thing!”

“Oh yes you will!” Narrowing her eyes Olivia took Rose by the shoulders firmly and looked her in the eye. Ian and Albus shared a look of confusion and shrugged; they would never understand them, so why try. “You Rose Weasley need someone to get you butterbeer and convince you to dance, to hold your hand and get you bloody living your life!” she cried, finishing with a flourish of a long intake of breathe. Rose’s eyes were wide; surprised that her best friend thought she wasn’t living.

“I’m very alive, thank you Olivia.”

“There is no choice in the matter!” with a determined set to her perfectly lip glossed mouth, Olivia turned back to her breakfast, completely forgetting that Ian was patiently waiting for the return of her lips on his.