Old Friend

February 14 (Valentines Day)

      Suddenly I got a text from my friend Papyrus. I've always liked Papyrus, he's a good friend. I tell Papyrus nearly everything about my life, but I haven't told him about Bertram cheating on me.

"HEY VINCENT, HOW'S IT GOING?"

"Not good paps"

"WHY IS THAT?"

"I think its time that I tell you. I recently found out that Bertram was cheating on me."

"REALLY? WITH WHO?"

"Bob Duncan"

"I AM SO SORRY VINCENT, ITS GOING TO BE OKAY"

"No it's fine. I kinda saw it coming anyway. I just don't know what to do."

"HOW ABOUT YOU COME OVER AND TALK"

"That sounds nice."

"HOW DOES 3:00 SOUND?"

"Sounds great"

"SEE YOU THEN!"

"Alright see you then Pap"

"NYEH HEH HEH!"

     Well I guess I better get home and prepare to go see Paps. Bertram's house is pretty far from mine and because I don't have a car I walked home, I needed the exercise anyway. I walk through the door of my house and I see Maya talking on the phone with with who I assume was Danny Devito. Danny is Maya's boyfriend of, I think about 6 years. I've never met him, but from what I've heard from Maya, he seems nice. I go to my room, get changed into clean clothes, and put away the stuff I brought to Bertram's house. I walk out and head to the kitchen, sitting on the counter was an old and beat up coffee pot. I've never seen this coffee pot before, did it just appear out of no where? 

"Hey Maya, where did this coffee pot come from?"

No Response

Well okay then. Might as well put this coffee pot to use. I  put water in and coffee grounds that I found in the cabinet, Maya must have gotten those too, and pressed the button. Out poored scorching hot coffee. But then all of a sudden...

"Hi"

"AAAHHHHH"

I screamed in shock and backed my self in a corner at the other side of the room. Did the coffee pot really just say hi to me?!? From my horrified screech Maya came rushing into to kitchen.

"What's wrong!? Is everything okay?!" She said

I pointed at the old coffee pot

"It- it- it talked!" i said

"Yeah, Ava does that sometimes"

"Ava?"

"Her name is Ava, and she's our new coffee pot!"

"I wouldn't describe it as new"

"WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE TALKING TO PEASANT!" Ava screeched

"HEY!" Maya said "Watch your language!"

Maya left the kitchen and returned with a spray bottle in hand.

"Bad coffee pot!"

Maya then proceeded to spray the coffee pot with what I hoped was water.

"Anyway" I said "It doesn't look new"

"Well yeah, that's cause I stole it from a homeless man" she said

To be honest I didn't expect anything less from Maya. She does some weird shit.

"So, you got plans?" She asked

"Yeah, I'm going out with a friend." I replied

"That's cool, I-"

Maya's phone begins to ring. Probably Danny again.

"Oh, I've gotta take this" she said "Have fun with your friend"

I checked the time, it was 2:47. I've better get going now if I don't wanna be late. I grab my keys, wallet, and phone. I waved by to Maya and walked out the door.

                                                                        To Be Continued