The Gold Around

"Sage." Lukas said, petting Sage.

"I like it too." I said.

"You must be exhausted, upstairs there are some beds i'll show you." He said grabbing my hand. We carefully walked up the stairs as Sage followed us. We enter a room, inside there were four beds. A green one, blue one, white one, a red one, and a cyan one. One for each member of the order of the stone.

"Thank you." I said.

"I am just happy you are safe." Lukas said giving me hug. He walked out of the room and closed the door. I went into the white bed, and fell asleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up, Sage was sleeping on the red bed next to me. I got out of the bed and went to go see Lukas. I really want to know where the others have gone. I have not seen them around. I looked around the temple. I came to this area that was very spacious, there was a huge map, and I could see the blue sky out an opened window celling. I saw no sign of Lukas.

I then went back downstairs, I went into the lookout space that Lukas had built. He was there sleeping in his chair. I smiled and grabbed a jacket on the floor and put it on him. I looked out the window, there was a forest, and I could see some tripwires had been set for an alarm. I was lucky, for I saw that Lukas had been working on some redstone to trigger a trap that would shoot arrows from a dispenser.

I then went down the ladder an found some chest and ovens. I had collected some coal from the mineshaft, and some iron ore. I put the ore and some of the coal in one of the furnaces. Then in the other, I put some coal in it. I looked through the chest were I found some potatoes, I put the potatoes in the furnace, so Lukas and I could have some for breakfast, if he was awake by then.

The potatoes were soon done. I gave Sage a fish to eat. And I ate a potato. I decide to let Lukas sleep for awhile. So I explored the room I slept in. Each bed had a chest had had some items that corresponded with them. I left the items in the chest, knowing that they were probably personal to the owners.

"Mew?" Sage set stepping by a curtain. She then hid behind it.

"Come on Sage," I said, walking to the curtain.

I pulled the blue sun stained curtain away. But there was something there. A hallway. I went though the hallway, I could smell the dust lifting into the air as my feet posed and lifted against the floor. The hallway ended with a yellow door. Sage stood there. I opened the door curiously. Inside was a small room, inside was two yellow beds. A chest also functioned as a nightstand. Above the chest was a picture, I took it off the wall and looked at the two people in the picture, there was a blond haired girl with blue eyes, she was wearing a white wedding dress, next to her was a man in a suit with brown hair and green eyes. I put the picture back.

"What would a couple be doing living here?" I asked Sage, who just looked at me from atop one of the beds.

I looked in the chest, inside was a notebook. I opened it and began to read it.

Today Lucy and I are going to leave the order of the stone. Me may be the main builders of the team but Lucy finallly convinced me of leaving. We want to start a family. But I am worried about everyone in the group. Sometimes the only thing holding them together is us. Just like the gold around the amulet. To whoever reads this, I hope the order is happy, and that they stopped using the thing.

-Josh

"What thing?" I told myself.

I grabbed Sage, and ran out of the room closed the door. Pulled the curtain, back to place and turned around. There stood Lukas, He was holding a bandage, probably for me and had a very confused look.

"Umm, what was that?" Lukas said.

"Ok, come on." I said, not wanting to explain as I opened the curtain. He followed me into the room. I sat on one of the beds and gave Lukas the notebook. He read it.

"Weird." He said, walking to the picture studding it.

"What?" I asked. walking to his side.

"I think..." Lukas said.

"Think what?" I said.

"That they are my parents." Lukas said.

I gasped.

"Really how?" I asked as I sat down.

"I remember them, not that much for they died in a fire started by some thieves when I was three." He said sitting down. "I remember how they looked, and I remember them telling me stories. Stories about them being apart of something big, something bigger."

He had finished, he hung his head low.

"You remember when you found me?" I asked.

He did not respond.

"You gave me my family, and that is what we will always have our second family." I said.

I put my arm around him. We sat there quietly, not saying a thing. Suddenly the alarm went off. We jumped up.

"Stay here." He said.

"You really think I am going to stay." I asked.

He laughed, then said "Just stay in the lookout."

I nodded and we went to see what the alarm was.

I went into the lookout, I watched as a someone stood there sword out.

"Who's there?" Lukas asked, stepping cautiously over with his bow out.

"Lukas, it is me Petra." The figure said.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------