GameShippings

BurningLeafShipping

Red ♥ Leaf 
(赤葉 RedLeaf)

Facts
Red, Blue, and Yellow

Leaf is not an available player.

FireRed and LeafGreen

They do not appear in the game simultaneously.

Storyline

The two characters seemingly do not appear to be individual characters independent of each other. If a player chooses to be the girl, the boy does not appear within the main storyline. It's true in reverse. Regardless of which one is picked as the player character, however, the storyline is still the same.

Name origins

BurningLeaf is derived from the set of games they appear in as counterparts: FireRed and LeafGreen.

NewBarkShipping

Ethan ♥ Kris

Facts
Gold and Silver

Kris is not an available character.

Crystal

They do not appear in the game simultaneously.

Storyline

The two characters seemingly do not appear to be individual characters independent of each other. If a player chooses to be the girl, the boy does not appear within the main storyline. It's true in reverse. Regardless of which one is picked as the player character, however, the storyline is still the same.

Name origins

NewBark is derived from the player's hometown being New Bark Town.

HeartSoulShipping

Ethan ♥ Lyra 
(ヒビコト HibiKoto)

Facts
HeartGold and SoulSilver

They are childhood friends.

Storyline

The player is destined to go out into the world while the non-player character is content in not following. The NPC is responsible for teaching the player various things about being a Trainer, likely because the NPC already owns a Pokémon. He or she will also occasionally call the player about nothing in particular, or little hints to Easter eggs in the game. The NPC makes little impact on the storyline.

Evidence
Other

The NPC gives the player items, as well as kindly giving tips.When the player goes to the Day Care, the Lady asks the NPC if the player is his or her girl/boyfriend, making the NPC cry, "WHAAAAAAAAAT?" then denies it.When the police accuses the player of stealing Professor Elm's Pokémon, the NPC jumps up and down and tells the police that the player is innocent.

Name origins

HeartSoul is derived from the set of games they appear in as counterparts: HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Trivia

The name of the anime counterpart with Jimmy and Lyra is NeoQuestShipping.

HoennShipping

Brendan ♥ May 
(ユウハル YuuHaru)