Broken Glass

AN- Ok. Hope your ready for this one. This chapter starts the first of...probably quite a few trigger warnings.
Enjoy.

Nick started the drive to Judy's house, the kids packed and ready in the truck with him. Every weekend felt so much short each time. Now, once again, the fox was forced to say goodbye for another two weeks.

"Did you guys have fun?" Nick asked.

"Yes, sir," Amber said with a toothy smile. Nick would often find himself grinning at how much she looked like her mother.

"We are hear!" Todd yelled with a smile as Nick pulled into the driveway.

Nick saw the car in the yard, which is always was when Judy was home, so he honked the horn to let the bunny know he was outside. However, it wasnt Judy who came out the door. It was jason.

"What the hell do you want?"

"I was bringing the kits home," Nick said," Monday? End of weekend?"

"Dont get smart with me, fox," The rabbit said, obviously having a few too many drinks," Judy isnt home, so just drop off those kids and leave."

Nick looked in the rear view mirror at his children, then back to the drunken bunny," My kids are not staying here with you alone," Nick said," Tell Judy I'm bringing them to Faith's house."

"I ain't telling Judy shit," Jason said," There is an agreement, you can leave those bastard here."

Nick was going to snap on the rabbit, hearing enough of his mouth, but the already worried kits in his truck is what made him second guess that. He didnt want his kits to see him angry," You are not their parent OR their guardian, and you are drunk as a skunk right now, so these kits are coming with me. Fuck the agreement."

Nick got back into the truck and went to leave the driveway, but before he pulled out, a glass bottle shattered the back window, scaring the shit out of both kits," Its ok guys," Nick said, stopping the truck," Are you alright?"

"I'm fine, daddy," Todd said.

Amber then added," Me too."

"Ok," Nick said, hitting the has once more and putting the truck on the highway," I'm taking you to Aunt Faith's house till mommy gets off work."

The kits nodded their heads and Nick continued the drive.

Once they made it to Faiths house, all three mammals got out or the truck, and Faith was shocked at the sight," What's going on?"

"I just need the kits fo stay here until Judy gets off work. Guys you know the rules. Can you go inside for a minute so me and aunt Clair can talk," Nick said. Once the kids were inside the fox continued," By the way...did Judy buy a new car?"

"No," Faith answered," Why?"

"If Judy is at work, why is her car in the yard?"

Faith shook her head with a frown," That damn rabbit, Jason, makes her walk. He uses the damn car for his drinking or gambling or whatever the hell else it is he does."

Nick was shocked," You mean, this whole time, Judy has been walking to work?"

Faith nodded her head," That's why the kits take the bus to school."

Nick shook his head with a bit of anger.

"What happened to your truck?" Faith asked.

"Jason," Nick said," He is drunk as hell, and I was not going to leave my kits with his alone. Well, he got pissed and through a bottle at my truck."