The Destroyer

Sif and the Warriors Three open the doors and rush in.

"My friends!" Thor exclaims.

I smile and we all rush toward each other for hugs and laughs.

"This is good. This is good." Volstagg smiles as he hugs me.

"I don't believe it." Erik says. 

Erik, Darcy and Jane are staring at us with eyes and mouths open wide.

"Oh, excuse me." Volstagg approaches Erik, motioning to the others. "Lady Sif and the Warriors Three."

The four of them stand together, smiling proudly.

Thor pats Hogun's shoulder. "My friends, I've never been happier to see anyone. But you should not have come."

Volstagg looks confused and chuckles. 

"We're here to take you home." Fandral exclaims.

"You know I can't go home." Thor says.

I turn to Thor, confused.

"My father is dead because of me. And I must remain in exile."

Sif and I look to him. "Thor, your father still lives." 

Thor's sad smile disappears and Thor becomes angry. "What?"

I nod. "I was with him only yesterday. He has only fallen into the Odinsleep."

"Loki..." Thor growls.

We hear a crack of thunder and move to the doors, watching as clouds gather and swirl like they do when the Bifrost delivers someone to the ground. Citizens of the small town are out on the streets, watching with confusion. 

"Was somebody else coming?" Darcy asks.

As quickly as they came, the clouds disappear. An explosion on the ground where the Bifrost had touched down is spotted, and citizens start to run in fear. 

We all walk out into the street, ready for anything. 

"Jane, you have to leave." Thor orders.

"What are you gonna do?" Jane asks.

"I'm staying here." 

"Thor's going to fight with us!" Volstagg exlaims.

Thor moves towards our friends. "My friends, I'm just a man. I'll only be in the way, or worse, get one of you killed. But I can help get these people to safety." Thor looks to me. "You still have your powers, yes?"

I nod. "Of course."

"Then you will be with them."

I nod, ready for a fight.

"Well, if you're staying, then so am I." Jane says as she walks toward Thor.

"We'll need some time." Thor says to Fandral.

"You'll have it!" Fandral confirms.

I clap my hands together for drama as my light shines in my hands. My light shines brightly, and I get a few confused looks.

Thor takes Jane and Erik and runs toward buildings to clear civilians out. Hogun and Fandral run back to the glass building and retrieve their weapons, then Sif, the Warriors Three and I go forward toward whatever has arrived.

"Okay, move it, people!" Darcy says.

As the streets clear, I see what has come. It's the Destroyer, which means Loki has sent it here, for only the one with Gungnir can do so.