T E N

Hermione sat at dinner and soaked in every moment. Every word everyone was saying.

She smiled while eating, and Draco looked at her concerned. She is normally quiet, but something was off.

He knew it when he woke up alone this morning.

"How was the quidditch game?" Hermione asked. Theo huffed in annoyance...sore loser.

They talked about how it was unfair Ginny and Harry got to be on the same team. Draco couldn't focus though.

Hermione began to clean off plates and put them in the dishwasher. However Ginny interrupted her.

"Mione, can we talk to you for a minute." She said gesturing to Ron and Harry. She nodded and put a dish down.

They all went into her room and she sat on her bed.

"We are so sorry." Ginny blurted out.

"We have seen how you and Malfoy act together and it is obvious he really cares about you. We should've never separated you two." Hermione smiled at him.

"You mean a lot to us, Mione. We only wanted you safe. And we didn't realize the safest would be with him." Ron said and Hermione had tears in her eyes.

"You are forgiven of course." She said holding her hands out for a group hug. Hermione didn't let her sobs escape for another reason.

"I love you guys." She said and they all let go of her one by one.

She decided to stay in her room and write in her book. She hasn't done that in a while.

Draco walked in obviously upset he shut the door and cast a silence spell.

Hermione watched him pace around twice.

"What the fuck is going on Hermione." He said trying to control his temper.

"What?" She said confused at his sudden outburst.

"All day you've been acting like this is your last day with any of us. You think I wouldn't notice?"

She stared at him with her eyes wide.

"I'm sorry—,"

"Don't lie to me, please." He looked at her, begging for the truth. She got off the bed and walked toward him.

"I'm scared Draco! Today may be my last day with any of you! I don't know who these voices are or what they want. But I want to be left with good memories of everyone." She said angrily.

He walked closer to her.

"Then we will stop them, together. This isn't a battle you are fighting alone. I won't allow you to think for a second you are alone in this."

"Draco this isn't your battle either. I don't want to lose you!" She said crossing her arms. She was obviously very upset.

"What about me? Losing you is the same as losing myself, Hermione."

She looked down and then back at him.

" I don't know what's going to happen with these voices. But I can't bring you into it. I can't." She said getting emotional.

"No, Ive been in it since I decided you were the woman Im spending the rest of my life with. I've been in it since I first saw you first year. I knew something was special about you.. I'm already in it. You can't push me away."

Hermiones eyebrows were burrowed in sadness. She hated seeing him so upset.

"But I don't want to hurt you, Draco." She looked up at him, as he walked closer.

"You're hurting me now, by not letting me in." He said holding her arms. She closed her eyes and let the tears stream.

"I'm sorry." She whispered. She was apologizing for a different reason. He embraced her and kissed her forehead.

"Just don't leave me, Granger. Stay with me." He said holding her. She wrapped her arms around his neck and held him tightly.

He rubbed her back and set themselves in bed.

"I love you Hermione Granger." He said stroking her hair. She sniffled, and rested into him.

"I love you, Draco Malfoy." With that they both fell asleep.

At least Hermione pretended to.

Once Draco was dead asleep she kissed his cheek, and left her notebook where she was.

She crept out of their suite, managing to step over Theo on the ground.

She was trying to stay calm as she was walking the hallways of Hogwarts.

She admired all of the artwork she had not noticed before. She smiled as the cold floor touched her feet.

Then it was grass underneath her toes. She walked towards the one place she did not want to go.

The black lake reflected the moon and she smiled. Then she realized how close she was getting.

Her feet stopped and she looked up at the tall trees.

She took a step into the forbidden forest.