Morning Thoughts

Beep beep beep beep

   My alarm clock ringed in my ears as I sleepily tried to turn it off. Instead, I ended up pushing it off my nightstand onto the floor where it continued to sprout annoying beeps. Sighing, I flinged off my covers and hopped to the ground, picking up my clock. I turned it off grumpily. The time was 6:10 am, time to get up for school.

   I trudgily slumped to the kitchen to pour myself some cereal. No milk, because I'm weird like that. I slowly put spoonfuls in my mouth while staring out the window. The sun was already starting to rise. My mom came into the kitchen and cheerfully greeted me.

"Good morning, Michael. Have a good night's rest?"
   I turned around. My mom smiled at me with her straight hair pulled tightly into a bun and a new pantsuit. Never a day goes by where she looks like she has put no effort in her look. Unlike me. I mostly just wear the same hoodie everyday.

"Good morning mom. I did. You?"

   She didn't respond for a second, and just staresd at me.
"Honey, you look terrible. Did you stay up all night again?"

   I avoided eye contact. I couldn't tell her I had stayed up all night texting Jeremy. For about the hundredth time.

"Just a little later then usual mom."

   She smiled again, and started making herself some tea. I stared out the window again. Now I was already thinking about Jeremy, and I hadn't even left the door.

Jeremy Heere is my best friend. We've known each other since 2nd grade. To him I am just his buddy, but to me, Jeremy is a lot more than that. There is just something about him that I can't quite describe, and I love it. You could maybe say I had a little crush on him. But things have happened recently. Jeremy basically went through a self-discovery journey which started with him using a super computer in a pill called a SQUIP (long story) and ended up with girl of his dreams, Christine Canigula. He has crushed on her since 6th grade and now he finally has her.

   I just have to be as happy as I can for him and move on. This has been a lot harder than I thought it'd be. No matter how much I'd like to, I can't remove the feelings I have for him. It is hard having to live through the struggles of just seeing him and knowing that he will never be mine.

   I realized I had been spaced out for the past couple minutes. I ate my last bites of cereal, and ran to the bathroom to get ready. I already had my favorite hoodie and some sweatpants in there. I hurrily slipped them on, along with my weed-patterned socks and tennis shoes. I did the rest of my routine and went out the door to walk to my dreaded school.