Confession uwu

Monday had come, and I was dreading it. I didn't want to see anybody. Especially Jeremy. But my moms forced me to go to school anyway, of course.

   As I stepped into the school, everybody turned to stare at me. What the hell? I knew that picture of Jeremy and I was online, but it was no big deal. People posted stuff like that all the time. What was this all about? As I sludged through the hallway, I saw Jenna rummaging through her locker. Jenna would know what was going on. I tapped her on shoulder.

"Hey! Jenna! Do you know what is uh-happening?" I whispered, pointing behind me.

Jenna had wide eyes. "Oh god. Michael... I dunno how to tell you this. So.... well...  is a rumor going around that... um... well..." she trailed off, her eyes staring at the ground.

I grabbed her by her shoulders and shook her. "Jenna! Tell me!"

Jenna sighed. "There's a rumor that you and Jeremy... did things at Brooke's party. When we were all passed out in the living room. I-I don't know who started it, but..." she said.

   I stared at her with wild eyes. What? How could anyone know about what happened in the bathroom? And even then, we hadn't done anything beyond making out. It only could've been someone at the party of course. But who? And why?

   I started to panic, and ran to the bathroom. I sat on the toilet and began to sob. I didn't care how loud I was, I had to get it out. But then I heard someone.

"Michael? Is that you?"

Jeremy.

   Oh jesus fuck. No, no, no, no, no! I fell silent. Jeremy was the last person I wanted to talk to.

"Michael, we need to talk," he said calmly.

  At least, he didn't seem mad. It would break my heart if he thought I was responsible for the rumor.

Jeremy was in front of my stall. "Michael, I know you are in there."

   I remained silent.

Jeremy began to slide under the door into the stall.

I got off the toilet, and backed up against the wall. "Jeremy! What are you doing?"

Jeremy laughed softly as he got off the tiled floor. Michael, I need to talk to you..." he whispered.

I began to blabber. "Jeremy! I swear, swear, swear it wasn't me. I-I didn't know about any of this! Please believe me! I love you so much and I would never want to hurt you. You don't deserve-"

   I was interrupted with Jeremy kissing my lips, his body pressed against mine. His hand glided down my arm, searching for my hand. When he found it, he interlocked his fingers into mine. I started to close my eyes, but then pushed him away.

"Jeremy! The fuck! Stop! What are you doing? This isn't fair to Christine! And why would you even do that anyway? Why is this... happening?" I stammered.

Jeremy started monologing. "Michael... Christine isn't the one for me... I-I broke up with her the day of Brooke's party. That's why she didn't come... I tried to force myself to stay with her, but it didn't work. My thoughts all c-came together one day at her house. We were starting to get... you know... a little touchy. But all I could think about was how I imagined you in her place. I-I... I'm so stupid... " Jeremy said, slapping his face, "And I remember what happened... in the bathroom... Well, most of it anyway. I'm sorry for that. I was drunk and I wasn't thinking... "

   Jeremy started to cry, and I was in absolute shock. Jeremy loved... me? My fantasy had finally come true?My mind was going a million miles an hour. Jeremy just stood in front of me, hunched over, sobbing. I was about to do something I never thought I would do in my life. I quickly put my arms around Jeremy, pulling him into a kiss. Jeremy was frozen for a second, but then wrapped his arms around me as well. Tears streamed out of my eyes. This was it. This was all I ever wanted. And this time, it was for real.

  We held each other kissing for I don't even know how long, before we pulled away.

"Class is going to start soon..." I said, snickering.

"We can continue this later... That is, if you want to..."  Jeremy whispered, clearly shy.

"Of course. I have a lot to tell you anyway." I responded softly.

We began to walk out of the bathroom, when we saw our classmates surrounding the area, frozen and staring at us. Jeremy and I both blushed deeply.

It was silent for a moment, but then everybody started shouting over each other. I heard things like "How'd it go?" and "Are you guys a couple now?" I just stood there in confusion.

Jeremy looked at me. "I may have told Jenna I was going to go after you and tell you how I felt..." he admitted awkardly.

I just laughed and we began to walk down the hallway, ignoring everybody and holding hands.