Untitled Part 6

Three days. Three days before chaos broke. Three days to marry the heir of Hook or die because of it. 

  Mal sat by her window with her head against the glass and looked our at the sprawling gardens below. Distant lights of the villages could be seen on the horizon. She'd been up all night unable to sleep. Lord Hook's words rang in her head. 

  She couldn't marry his son. After years of rivalry and bitterness she had burned all those bridges. Even if she wanted to she had too much pride to do it.

  "Mal?" Her head shot up to the door way where Jane and Evie were. Both of them were concerned for their purple headed fairy. "Mal you need sleep. You can't stay up all night and keep going. It isn't healthy. You'll pass out."

  Mal scoffed. "Sleep isn't exactly high on my list of priorities right now Jane," she snapped.

  "Mal listen, I know you're reeling right now, I would be too, but you need to take care of yourself," Uma pipped up from her spot on the bed. Evie nodded.

  "No. What I need is to figure out how to get out of this marriage without starting a god damns war," her green eyes flashed viciously as she turned back to the window.

  "Sweetie you need to sleep. I don't care if I have to drag your ass into bed. I swear to god I'll do it," Evie said crossing over to stand beside Uma as Mal continued to sulk.

  Mal glared at her friend and Evie glared right back.

  "Fine," she gritted out. "I sleep for three hours." Evie opened her mouth to object but a look from Uma stopped her. Both of them knew that was all they've were going to get.

  The three left the room as Mal got ready for bed. All of them were exhausted from staying up the whole night with their friend. Bidding the other goodnight, Jane quickly scampered off to bed.

  Uma and Evie decided to stay up a little longer. Mostly to make sure that Mal actually went to bed, but also to catch up. The two didn't see each other very often and rarely got to really talk as Mal usually dragged them into one crisis or another.

  "So how have you been?" The two had settled in the corner of the kitchen with a direct view of the door in any case Mal might dare wander down for a late night snack.

  "Busy, mother is very insistent on suitors. Not that I need a prince right now," Evie said pouting. Uma chuckled lightly. The girl didn't seem very interested in boys but certainly didn't need any help drawing them in.

  "I presume you've been very busy," Evie looked pointedly at the other girl.

  Uma just shook her head. Now was not the time to discuss her love life. 

  "Oh come on, it's not like you don't have anything to spill. I know for a fact that three people asked to court you in the last month," Evie shook her head and sighed as Uma once again just looked mildly embarrassed but said nothing. 

  "I really don't have anything to tell," no, it wasn't as if she had spent half her life in love with someone who would never even look her way and the other half in love with her best friend.

  Evie sighed again and launched into gossiping about their friends love lives.

  Uma just nodded and smiled.