Chapter 17

J Martins - Cool Temper

                       Xolani's POV After so much convincing from my aunt and uncle, I decided to face my fears and confront mommy dearest

                      Xolani's POV
After so much convincing from my aunt and uncle, I decided to face my fears and confront mommy dearest. Not the sarcasm.
I'm currently in my aunt's backyard gazebo waiting for Karen's arrival.
I don't know what the hell is taking her so damn long because she temporarily lives here.
From a short distance I saw her blonde hair flowing in the wind as she ran towards me with her arms opened wide.
I scurried out the chair backing away when I saw her inching to give me a hug.
A look of hurt crossed over her features. I almost felt bad then again I couldn't. Not with her.
Karen looked over at my outfit with an unpleasant frown.
"Isn't your dress too short? A proper young lady shouldn't be dressed like that it makes you look cheap" She said voicing her discomfort about my very beautiful peach colored dress paired with a hot pink cherry purse, nude flats with red tips, a suede black-rope choker and cat-eyed shades I lifted into my ginger-hair wig.
I rolled my eyes taking back my sitting ignoring her words they meant nothing to me and waited till she sat.
"Why are you here, Karen?" She seemed taken aback by the hostility in my tone.
When she got back her composure she let out a nervous cough then poured herself some lemonade and drank the whole glass.
"No matter how bad things got between us. I'm still your mother and you should respect that" Karen nose flared in anger as I saw the pain look on her face once again.
Did I care? No, I don't think so.
"I'm going to ask again, why are you here?" I bellowed at her with the same expression on my face.
"Well Xolani, you're already at the age to be married and I'm here to bring you back with me to Johannesburg so you can get married. I found you a good candidate, he's very handsome, rich, and will take good care of you. We already gave him our blessings to have your hand in marriage" Huh? What is she yapping about?
'Married? Found? Candidate?' Who the fuck does she think she is? I think my aunt's sister is broken and has lost a few marbles.
"It'll be a cold day in hell before I go anywhere with you." I spat feeling a rush of rage course through my veins.
My blood was literally boiling because of how much I wanted to raise my hand and slap some sense into her empty head.
"For the last time, tell me your real reason as to why you're here?" I seethed through clenched teeth.
"Your father and I miss you a lot, it's been years since my sister stole you away from us" I couldn't help the laugh that escaped my lips.
Karen stared at me in utter confusion
"What's funny?" She asked with both eyebrows raised.
"You must be really sick in the head. It's no surprise because you were willing to let your husband violate a minor" I snarled are the delusional woman that's unfortunately my biological mother.
"Wake the fuck up, it's 2020 not the 1940s. Why are you arranging a marriage that you know will never happen and not to forget where's my fucking consent!? Oh right, you didn't care about it before so why would it matter now. This was a waste of time, you're still the same pathetic person I always knew you as. Goodbye and I hope you have a wonderful flight back home" I picked up my purse off the glass table standing up.
I sent a harsh glare before I walked away.
"XOLANI, XOLANI GET BACK HERE! I'M NOT DONE TALKING TO YOU!" Karen's useless attempts to get me to come back fell on deaf ears because I refused to turn around and listen to more bullshit.
Aunty Katy runs out of the main house stopping directly in front me.
She placed her warm hands on my shoulders and asked if I was alright in a worried tone.
"Kick her out or you won't see me for a long time" I know it's not right to threaten my aunt but I am hurt and that emotion is doing the talking for me at this moment.
"Wait what happened? She asked curiously and concerned at the same time.
As I were about to open my mouth and answer her, Angela emerged from the Theater room chewing a Nerds Rope candy.
"Lala, can I spend the rest of springbreak with you?" I wanted to resist so bad but I didn't want my little cousin to be sad.
"Sure, go pack a bag" I said ushering her to go upstairs.
I looked in Aunty Katy's direction and she nodded her head as to tell me I have permission.
"Thank you" She mouthed in gratitude.
I turned away to wipe a fall tear.
Soon later, Angela came back with a her hello kitty duffel bag and backpack set.
My little angel held my hand as we exited the house, taking the bags from her I put them in my car trunk.
I buckled her into her car seat
"Lala are you okay, you look sad" Angel asked in that innocent cute voice of hers.
"I will be, my love" I assured her with a tight-lipped smile.

Please Vote and Comment.
Until Next Time...