Kidnapped?

So y'all I am still in the midst of editing my last book which was...a um... A train wreck. So once that's done please check it out because I don't want that book to be remembered as the train wreck it currently is.

Also I was looking at my covers and thought, yuck (lol). So if any of you guys are y'know, better at editing than me (so everyone) please help me with this crisis. I just want a fresh start for both of my books, so yeah. Hope you all are safe and I guess,

Enjoy! (Hopefully)

P.s we finally get some more Wyatt

P.p.s there will not be a month long wait ever again now that school is over, so sorry this took so long (and sorry for any Grammer errors)
______________________________

Licking off the last bit of melted ice cream on my tiny plastic spoon I tossed the the utensil and cup into the trash bin that stood at the end of my family's driveway, ready for the garbage truck to come take it away in the morning.

Glancing up at my bright blue house, I noticed my brother's room was the only room in the house that had the lights on. He was probably practicing his victory speech for if he wins the election. Or in his mind, when.

The cold night's breeze nipped at my skin, so I brought up my hands to rub against my arms, hoping to create some type of heat that would last me up until I reached my front door.

My white tennis shoes tapped against the recently painted stairs that lead to the front porch, creating the only sound heard in our little cul de sac. On the last step I accidentally stepped on my notebook, which I forgot had been left there, along with a few pencils.

Raising my foot off of the open notebook filled with equations, I winced noticing the undeniable mark of the bottom of my shoe.

I bent down to pick up the materials and fished for my house key I had placed in my back shorts pocket. Once I had found the cold piece of metal I swiftly unlocked the door, carefully so I wouldn't drop my school supplies.

Closing the door behind me I held it shut and twisted my key until I heard the soft click of the door's lock.

Still gripping onto my notebook and pencils, I navigated the coffee table (which was a struggle considering I had to keep the lights off so I wouldn't disturb my family) that was placed in front of the beige couch in the living room before going back to the door and double checking the lock.

I always double check it, just in case. And I expected the same outcome of my paranoia, which would be that the door was closed and locked just like how I left it.

I stuttered our a breath as my heart dropped at the sight before me.

I could've sworn I locked it.

The rationality in my brain lead me to believe that maybe I didn't, maybe since I'm tired I forgot.

Yeah, that's it.

The persuasion in my brain carried on as I stared at the opened front door, which allowed the moonlight to bleed through into the house.

Hesitantly I stepped closer, raising my shaky hands to push the door close, but my hands froze in mid air.

I didn't forget.

I don't think I would've forgotten the scratch marks on the door frame.

Okay Becca, remain calm, it could've been anything, maybe a squirrel.

I mentally rolled my eyes at myself, this wasn't a squirrel.

Letting out a stuttered sigh, I pushed the door close, the cool night's breeze no longer making its way into the house.