Crushed

A/N so if anyone was confused about last chapter and how part of it was in italics and kinda changed story wise, that's because those were flashbacks. Sorry for not making that clear. The final flashback shown was an actual part from the first book which I hope brought some type of connection from the readers who were with me back then to now. So if you were confused because of the different writing style shown that is because the piece I used for the flashback has not yet been edited in the first book, meaning what you all witnessed was my old writing.

Anyway enjoy the early update :))

My tall zombie friend, Zed, took confident strides forward, towards his father. "You gotta stop the demolition dad" the boy pleaded. "I know how hard you worked to get this job, but if it's gonna hurt the werewolves you have to stop it"

His father looked up at him. Endearment in his eyes, proud to have a son who stood up for what he believed in, who currently is showing his concern and care towards others.

The man bit his chapped bottom lip and nodded, not breaking eye contact with his oldest child.

"You're right, and Addison's right, and so is Becca" the zombie man stated, looking towards his colleagues to get the point across. "Shut it down" he ordered, "stop the detonation."

My uncle, seemed frustrated, but not towards the werewolves. With himself. I know this because he refused to even look in my direction, and I could tell with the way his shoulders drooped, that it was not because of anger.

"Tomorrow, when it's safe, we'll find what you're looking for. But right now you can all go home!"

Cheers sprang throughout the old rusted walls, growing louder as one by one the werewolves were set free from the annoying metal handcuffs.

My eyes squinted as my cheeks lifted, the grin on my face never ending.

I stood closest to Wynter, resulting in an almost bone crushing hug. Her arms strongly held me close, to a point were my feet were no longer touching the dusty ground. "Wynter, Wynter" I spoke with the little air left in my lungs. Her eyes widening in realization, she quickly set me down.

A sigh of relief escaped my lips when I heard the clack of my boots hitting the cement.

"Too much?" She asked with a pout, feeling embarrassment and shame cover her like a blanket.

Rubbing my probably bruised ribs I giggled and shook my head.

"No no, just enough" I told her. This pulled a grin from her, the excitement she gained from my response was shown by the sparkle in her wide eyes.

Looking the left side of her, Willa's hands had just been freed, and I don't think I have ever seen the wolf leader smile as much as she was right now. In the heat of the moment, she initiated a hug. Pulling me close to her, the height difference between us now impossible to ignore. We both laughed softly, just letting this moment happen.

When we pulled away are smiles didn't falter, there was no reason it would. We both proved to each other through this protest that we'd be there for the other, wether the situation be big or small.

The sound of someone close by clearing their throat pulled my attention.

Not surprised by the result of the culprit, my smile somehow grew wider. Not even given the wolf a chance to react I ran towards him and practically jumped it his arms.

As if expecting this, the boy gripped onto me tightly and swung me around, the strength of the hold not wavering. I was being thrown into a fit of giggles at this point, bouncing on the balls of my feet when he set me down. My arms not leaving his neck.