Game On

"Boys, I'd like to introduce you to your road manager Astrid James. She'll be going on tour with you" Doc said introducing me. I felt out of place at the party with my rusty colored brown hair and plain brown eyes. Most of the women at the party had bleached blonde hair and bright colored eye. I was curvier and shorter than most of them too, I could push five foot seven inches with heels but was only five foot five. To sum it all up I was a plain Jane that could blend in better with a frumpy couch than a group of these women, so it made no sense to me as to why the men whistled and looked me over.

"I know you" Nikki said with a smirk on his face as he shook his finger at me. "Hey Sixx" I replied as my face heated up. "Dude did you fuck her?" The skinniest one in the group asked mildly impressed. I felt my cheeks burning even more. "No she's a professional she doesn't do that" Nikki said laughing. "She told me to call her if I ever got my head out of my ass" He said remembering our last conversation.

"I'm done, London was the last one. You can't pay me enough to put up with your massive ego through another band" I said standing up from my seat in the booth. "You have my number Nikki. If you pull your head out of your ass long enough to form a decent band call me" I finished before walking out thinking that would be the last I saw of the bass player.

"Bad ass" The skinny one laughed as Nikki finished telling his band members what I said to him. I laughed nervously and tugged at the bottom of my leather miniskirt I wore to try to blend in more. "Well he hasn't pulled his head out of his ass yet" The shorter man said smirking. I laughed and smiled at him. Finally, someone else knew what Nikki was really like, a massive ego drifting in a cloud of Aqua Net hairspray.

"I'm Tommy the drummer" The skinny one said with a large smile. "This is Vince our singer" He said pointing at the blond next to him. "And that's Mick our guitar player" Tommy said lastly introducing the short one. I gave them a warm smile as I tried to keep my eyes off Mick. He scared me a little.

"So what exactly does a road manager do?" Vince asked. I let out a small laugh. "Doc and Doug hired me more to be an overpaid babysitter any time you guys play a show or tour. I'm supposed to keep you guys from getting in too much trouble" I replied. "Fuck yes, I always had a thing for my babysitters" Tommy said wiggling his eyebrows. Great, another one like Nikki to deal with. "I don't fuck the talent so you'll have to act out your fantasy with someone else Tommy" I sharply said making the men laugh. I had to draw the line in the sand from the start.

"I like her" Vince stated smiling at Doc. "Don't worry about her Doc, she'll fit in nicely" Nikki assured him as he caught the look he was giving the band. "She's not the one I'm worried about" He said before leaving me alone with the men. "I'm too fucking old for a babysitter" Mick mumbled before walking away. I frowned and bit the inside of my cheek as I watched him go. Something about the strange long-haired man attracted me.

"You want a beer?" Nikki asked. I nodded in response before be nudged his head towards a table full of drinks. "What's the deal with Mick?" I asked leaning against the table. "Mick Mars is too old for you" Nikki warned as he popped open the bottle. I blushed and turned my head away from Nikki. "That's not what I meant Sixx" I said feeling a little embarrassed.

"So what did you mean?" He asked pulling the bottle back as he waiting for a response. "I just meant what's his story" I replied taking the beer from him. "He's divorced, pays his exes child support, says he's in pain a lot, and he likes to be left alone. He's a weird rude grumpy old man so stay the fuck away from him" Nikki warned clanking a bottle of Jack Daniels against the neck of my beer bottle.

"Alright Sixx, I heard you the first time" I replied rolling my eyes. "I'm babysitting you not the other way around" I reminded him. He smirked before walking away to join the party again. I felt overdressed in my collared button up despite my leather miniskirt. It was an attempt at looking professional and blending in, two things that did not mesh. I spent a while talking to Tommy, hearing stories about their first concerts and a few about weird places they found Vince having sex with groupies.

"That's enough drummer, she doesn't want to hear about that" Mick said noticing the way I cringed as Tommy began in detail to tell another Vince sex story. Tommy shrugged and left us sitting on the couch alone. I could feel a shirt in the air as I looked at Mick, or maybe I imagined that I did. There was something exciting about being alone with the terrifying and odd guitar player.

"Thanks, I don't think I could've listened to another one of Tommy's stories" I said as I relaxed back into the couch. "I think he's just trying to impress you" Mick shrugged before taking a long drink of his beer. I let out a nervous laugh as I smother down my skirt with my free hand.

"So that not fucking the talent rule of yours, did that come before or after Nikki?" Mick asked. I scrunched up my face in disgust as I drank. "Me and Nikki? God, no. No we're friends and he flirts but no, not my type" I explained. A small smile pulled at Mick's lips as he nodded.

"Good to know" He said reaching into his leather jacket and pulling out a pack of cigarettes. "Smoke?" Mick asked taking out his lighter. I nodded and watched as he lit one. He pulled the cigarette from his lips and held it between his fingers before holding it out for me. I smirked knowing this was his way of testing the waters between us. I leaned forward pressing my lips against Mick's fingers as I pinned the cigarette between my lips. He let out a long whistle as I sat back into the couch. I could feel his eyes sill on me as he lit another smoke.

I scanned the room and locked eyes with Nikki. He had his arm wrapped around a girl in a red tube top and was glaring back at me. I raised my eyebrows at him as I took the last drink of my beer. Nikki was upset about me ignoring his warning, that was obvious but I didn't care. I turned back to Mick and blushed as I saw his eyes still on me.

"How old are you Astrid James?" Mick asked between taking drags from his cigarette. I liked the way he said my name. It was as if my name was some dirty secret only we shared. "Twenty-eight" I replied rolling the empty bottle in my hands. "How old are you Mick Mars?" I questioned testing out the way his name felt slipping through my lips like a wisp of smoke. His blue eyes scanned over my body before he replied. "Too old for you" He breathed making me smile. "Good to know" I said mimicking his earlier response. Mick smiled back lightly shaking his head. The game was on.