Chapter 4

Early morning it was drizzling in Calcutta.. Nandini walked inside lalbadi..
She was wearing  yellow silk churidar suit and dupatta neatly ironed drapped around her neck..

She looked at the watch and hurried her pace and found Kishore walking out from lalbadi

"Dadu!" She greeted him as she pulled the umbrella down..

He looked up surprised and than  smiled brightly

"nandini! Itne subah subah ? Aur Kal chale Kyu gyi ?  Mai chod deta na" he walked near her

She looked at him with assured smile "koi baat nhi dadu Mai acche se pohoch gyi thi.." he nodded

"Waise dadu.."she bent toward him"bodo ma abhibhi sorhi haina?" She asked with low voice..

He looked at her confused " ha! Magar Kyu?"

" Daadu good morning!" Their head snapped up as they saw manik wishing Kishore than he turned toward nandini and playfully raised his brows...

She was apalled ..her eyes widened and immediately rushed inside..

Manik shook his head and went inside to get freshed while kishore looked at them confusingly..

...
She rushed inside the kitchen and sighed " Durga thakur bachae niyo amake" (ma Durga just save me today)she prayed..

She took out the pot and started preparing tea ..than she pulled out two big  bamboo baskets and started filling them with sweets she was halfway done with it when Veena entered inside the kitchen..

"Nandini!" Veena called her astonished.

Her hands frozed and eyes tightly shut.. she slowly stood up facing her and gave her nervous smile..

Veena narrowed her eyes at her.. Nandini gulped and stood straight..

"Kal Puri raat Mai so nhi Pai" Veena spoke..nandini looked down with guilt

"Aise itne raat ko koi akele jata hai nandini ! Kuch hojata toh sochkar hi Mera Dil baithjata hai " nandini's eyes shot up ..

"Ha?" She stuttered

"Kya ha?aainda aise raat ko akele ghumi toh bujenish meyye"(dare you if I find you going out at night alone)Veena scolded her..

She sighed in relief and tightly hugged her..

"Ab aisa kabhi nhi karungi pakka " she gave her a bright smile..

Veena looked at her and shook her head" tujhse ghussa bhi nhi hopati hu"

Nandini chuckled and checked the tea..

"Accha manik se mili ? " Veena asked smiling looking at the baskets..
While her smile faded away she didn't replied..

Manik walked inside the kitchen wearing formals and setting his hairs..

"Ma!" He called but stopped seeing nandini there..Veena too turned around..

She groaned inaudibly how she wish the Earth would swallow her right there.. it clearly wasn't her day..

She quickly took her bag "bodo ma Mai jarhi hu late hojaega mujhe"

Veena looked at her surprised and she literally ran out from there without giving him a glance..

Manik looked at her retrieving figure while Veena looked at him..

He stood straight when he found her gaze on him..

"Nandini" she told him..

He looked at her puzzled realised"ohh  ye nandini thi accha okay okay" he nodded ..