1

"Fuck! Imma shimmy shimmy hook Peter Pan right now!"

Joohyun threw away her blanket with a loud groan and hastily got up. The moon was already high up there but she somehow couldn't drift away to her dreamland. At moment like this insomnia was the one she blamed. Maybe it was the overwhelming stress from work or maybe it was her body malfunctioning. It was official she hated the night for this.

Her hand went to the phone on the desk, almost knocking down all the files full of important cases. 03.26 AM. She didn't give a damn anymore about what time it was. As usual, Joohyun would come to her room window and just stare at anything. And that 'anything' was a certain someone.

The girl who always sat in the orphanage backyard behind Joohyun's apartment with an oak tree supporting her back. Sometimes, a canvas or a sketchbook would be presented in front of her and sometimes, she would just lay down with her headphones stargazing, don't forget the pringles.

But strangely, that person wasn't there when Joohyun peeked out. She decided not to make a big deal about it and grabbed some water in the kitchen. While filling her mug, she heard a ruckus going outside. Her feet led her to the kitchen window facing the street. And there, just right across the street, was the pringles girl being chased by two guys in uniforms.

In her hands were two cans of pringles. Judging by the situation, she certainly didn't pay for those. But there was no fear on her face, instead a wide smile was plastered there. Joohyun might not noticed she was chuckling a little when she found the whole thing quite amusing and funny. Her job was basically all about protecting the law but this was like child play to her.

The two guys finally gave up after a long game of tag when the girl just disappeared into one of the alleys. Joohyun walked away from her 5th story apartment window then back to her room. The familiar scent of 'you're-not-getting-any-sleep-again' greeted her. She sighed for the millionth time hoping tomorrow, no, later, her workplace would be more thrilling than yesterday.

Joohyun took another look outside. There laid her staring at the sky as if it was some kind of magnificent art. This only made Joohyun wondered how she could watch them for hours when she wished they passed quickly so insomnia would leave her alone.

"I'm jealous."