I Just Know

"We've been here for less than a month and we've saved the Northuldra and Arendelle and you're smitten by Honeymaren." Anna laughed at her flustered sister. "No, I'm not, Anna. I just appreciate her being around to help me get my bearings." Anna lifted an eyebrow and placed a warm hand on her sister's cold shoulder. "Elsa, go and talk to her. Maybe you two could get closer." Elsa rolled her eyes and hid her head in her hands as her younger sister pushed her forward. The Ice Queen shook off her nerves and walked proudly over to Honeymaren who was tending to the reindeer. Come on, Elsa. Get it together. She's the one. I just know it.

The brunette noticed her icy friend walking over to her. "Hey, Elsa." The said woman cleared her throat. "Hi, are you okay?" Honeymaren smiled gently and nodded. "I'm good, what about you?" Elsa smiled. "I feel great now that I'm talking to you." The younger woman blushed slightly as Elsa realised what she said. "Erm, I'm sorry." The Queen put on a clumsy smile as she felt Anna's auburn eyes study the situation. Honeymaren played with her fingers as she looked up at the Snow Queen. "Do you want to go for a walk in the forest?" Elsa held the back of her neck to cool herself down as heat slowly rose up her neck. "I'd love to."

The sun shone down on the autumn woods; the different colours merging beautifully. The pair walked in silence as they took in the scenery; that's until Honeymaren broke the silence. "So, I couldn't help but notice that you've been staring at me a lot for the past few days. Why's that?" The brunette smirked knowing that she put her icy friend under pressure. "I just zone out quite a lot." A prominent, red blush painted Elsa's place face. "Oh, you're so cute." Elsa smiled involuntarily as Honeymaren got closer to her. Their hands touched slightly as they walked; the cold and the warmth blended so well when their hands touched. Honeymaren sighed. "I can't take it anymore."

Suddenly, Honeymaren stood closely in front of Elsa and blocked her path. "What are you doing?" Sweat slowly fell down the back of Elsa's neck when Honeymaren stood close enough that their lips were millimetres away from each other; their voices no more than gentle whispers in the breeze. "Can I kiss you?" Honeymaren smiled as she noticed Elsa's head lower even more to kiss her. "Yes, you can."

It felt like euphoria when their lips touched. Elsa smiled into the kiss as she pulled Honeymaren closer by the waist and a soft gasp escaped the smaller woman's lips. "Do you want to go back to the village?" Elsa shook her head. "Not really, but I know that Anna will be worried about where I've gone." Honeymaren laughed. "Don't worry, I understand. Ryder's the same." They shared one last loving kiss and walked together back to the Northuldra.