Ch. 6 Scratching the surface

The weekend went by pretty fast. Saturday was fun as hell with Ayden as always. He couldn't stay another night because his mom needed him to get ready for church the next day.

My family is religious but they don't go to church. My dad is too busy and mom has things she does on Sunday, but that doesn't mean they don't tell my brother and I that we can go to church ourselves.

Do we do it?

Nah.

Usually on Sunday's mom and dad are gone, so Chase and I just chill around the house. Nothing much to do so it's nice to just have the house to ourselves.

Having Chase as a brother is great. He's not mean to me but he picks on me a lot. I pick on him so it's equal on both ends.

We have a lot of fun together sometimes. He has friends he goes out with, but usually not on Sundays so it's out bonding time.

Right now, he was playing his video games in the living room as I was sitting on the couch with a book in my hands. I love reading, it helps me relax a lot or just let my mind wander off to another world.

"God- ugh die!"

I look up to see Chase yelling at the tv as he was playing. I don't know what game he was playing but it looked like it was trying to shoot other people while hiding around these buildings.

"What are you playing?"

Chase continues to play for a few second, making me wonder if he heard me or not. After a few more seconds, the game pauses and he looks at me. "Call of Duty."

I nodded even though I had no idea what that was. I'm not that into video games since I never got involved with then when I was younger.

Looking back at my book, I continued reading as Chase was yelling at the tv. Trying to focus was the hard part since all I could hear was guns shooting and Chase yelling.

I got up to grab some snacks. I walked into the kitchen and went over to the cabinet where the snacks were. It was the type of cabinet where the doors slide opposite directions, kinda like introducing yourself to the snacks on the shelves.

Grabbing a bag of chips and Oreos, I closed the doors then grabbed a drink from the fridge. I walked back into the living room and sat on the couch as Chase was still playing his game.

"You didn't get me anything?" He asks as he looks at me.

I shrug as I opened the bag of chips. "You didn't ask."

He furrowed his eyebrows. "You didn't even say you were getting snacks."

Rolling my eyes, I popped a chip in my mouth. "I shouldn't have to tell you what I'm doing."

I watched as he scooted up then grabbed the bag of chips from my lap and scooted back to his sitting place. I gave him a look as he was eating the chips, before grabbing the pillow on the couch and smacking him in the head with it.

Holding his head, he turned to look at me with the most shocked look on his face. "What was that for?"

I shrugged. "Being my bratty little brother."

"Oh I'm the brat?" He said shaking his head. "You abuse me when mom and dad are gone."

Staring at him in complete shock, I couldn't believe he said that. "Since when do I abuse you?"

He smiles. "You just hit me in the head with a pillow. That's abuse."

I restrained myself from doing it again, but just shook my head at how annoying he was. Chase and I have a very strong bond together. We hardly get into fights and we're always messing with each other.