Ch. 27 Figuring it out

I think I finally have Tory figured out.

Everything was like a puzzle and the pieces were scattered everywhere, but it didn't take me long to put them together and finally see what was really going on with Tory.

Between the living in a neighborhood that is known for the poor and people who doesn't have a lot of money, to not having lunch most days and then that time she couldn't pay for our lunch that Saturday.

The whole apartment thing really throws itself out there also.

Then the phone situation where she had no contacts and it looked like she just bought it.

What if she bought it just for me?

Oh god, my heart.

The pieces are finally coming together and I figured it out.

Throughout the whole morning, I tried thinking of a way to get her to open up. I didn't want to push her into telling me things when I know she doesn't want me to.

If we're going to get anywhere with our relationship, I need her to open up to me. I need to get to her know a little better and actually see what there is that I can do to.. help her.

If she is poor or doesn't have a lot of money, I want her to know that it doesn't matter to me. She shouldn't have to hide that from me. I want to let her know that it doesn't matter where she lives or how she lives her life. I really do like her and I'm going to stay by her side no matter what.

I'm not the judgemental type.

I was patiently waiting for fourth period. I was anxious as I had my phone out, hiding behind my desk in Algebra, as I was texting my special delivery guy.

I guess it's not that special since it's Post Mates and everyone can access. I just think it's cool how I can get a delivery anytime and anywhere.

Texting him, I placed an order then entered my location. I wanted to buy lunch for Tory cause I wasn't sure if Maddie would bring her any food today. I know she does sometimes but I wanted to do it for once.

After Algebra was over, I walked out in the hall and went to my locker. I looked around to see if I could spot Regina but didn't see her anywhere.

Placing my book in my locker, I walked to Tory's class and tried calming my nerves. I wasn't even sure if she would want me to buy her lunch or not. Some people are a little funny with other people helping them out when they find out the situation they're in.

I'm pretty sure everything that has been happening is leading up to the fact that she doesn't have a lot of money. I'm not good at this whole guessing game but the pieces are there.

Walking in, I saw her sitting on top of desk. I let my eyes wander over her body and what struck my eyes was the shoes she had on. They were dirty, beat up and old shoes. You can tell she's had them for a while.

Her clothes looked good and her whole image was amazing like always.

Why haven't I noticed before? The way she holds herself really doesn't define how she lives her life. She dresses cute, she looks gorgeous everyday. The image itself is decieving from someone who struggles behind closed doors.

When my eyes met hers, I smile at her and she returned it as I took my seat. I look up at her as she was looking through a textbook in her hands. I let my eyes wander all over her but then realized I was being a creep.

Taking my phone out in a very decreet manner, I hide it behind my desk to see my delivery being processed and it should be ready and arrive in about an hour.