Gotta Love Chocolate

I was walking in Kings Cross station, pushing the heavy trolley with Fred and George on either sides of me, talking my ear off about the latest pranks they pulled on their family. Or more specifically, Ron. I laughed along with the jokes, smiled at some parts, and made some witty comments in between. But I wasn't really paying attention.

I kept thinking about what I would tell Lee. Oh, you know Sirius Black? Yeah, the mass murder. Well, he was my Dad's best friend, my brothers Godfather, and most likely escaped to kill us. So, I have to protect one of the most paranoid people in the entire Wizarding world without him finding out. Any questions?

"You alright love?" George asked and I fought the blush off of my cheeks.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just wondering how I'm going to tell Lee that a mass murder is after me," I said, trying to act casual and earning a few looks from the muggles.

"You two are beat friends, it'll be fine," George said.

"Yeah, and if it isn't we can always take sides," Fred said mockingly and I hit him.

"Right then," Arthur said gruffly, "Let's do this in pairs, as there are so many of us. I'll go through first with Harry."

We all walked through the barrier, saying goodbye to the Weasley parents with tight hugs. We passed the rows of stuffed compartments when we came to one with only two people, Lee Jordan and Angelina Johnson. Meaning I couldn't tell Lee about Black.

It's not that I don't like her, it's that I don't know her well enough to trust her. The only reason I really know about her is because of Freddie's little crush on her and how she is on the Quittitch team with the twins. I had never been into the sport on brooms, Uncle Moony has told me that that it was always the main difference between me and my dad.

We sat down in the small place and I shoved Lee over so that I could be by the window. The other four started a conversation on the Quittitch cup and diffrent stratiges for the Gryffindor team, but I didn't join. As I stared out at the changing scenes a mixture of the rocking train and white noise of my friends conversation lulled me to sleep.

***

"Wake up Rosie," a soft voice pulled the robe I had covering me as a blanket off of me slowly, exposing me to the light. I pulled the cover-up back over my face and turned over to go back to sleep.

"I got this," said another voice that sounded more playful than the last. "Wake up dumb ass. Angie is gone and you have something to tell me." The figure ripped my shade off of me, fully exposing me to the sunlight.

"Good morning to you too Lee," I chuckled at my best friend. "Look, this might not be easy to hear so you may want to get off of me and sit down. Have you been keeping up with the news lately?"

"Yeah, I read the Daily Prophet every morning after my Mum. Why?" he sounded curious and tilted his head like a lost puppy.

"Then you must know the mass murder Sirius Black," he gave a nod as I said this. "Quite an accomplishment, being the first to break out of Askaban." I chuckled bitterly at this, eyes watering as I used my strength to keep my tears at bay. I would not cry for him, I refuse to cry for the traitor.

"Yeah, I guess," at this point Lee just looked utterly confused as he said this. "But what dose he have to do with you?"

"You remember when I told you about my true parents, Lily and James correct?" at this he nodded his head once more. "He was their friend, Dad's best one. I used to call him uncle, and could still call him the Godfather to my brother. He betrayed my family, telling Vol-Voldemort of their location. He then went to kill Peter Pettigrew, and in the process ended up killing 12 muggles also."

At that point a couple of tears escaped my lids as he hugged me. A new voice, Fred this time spoke. "And now he had come to kill both Rose and Harry."

The lot of us exchanged grim looks as we sat down, my tears ceasing. It was then I noticed I could see my breath, and the window was starting to gather frost.

"Is it just me or is it getting cold?" I asked and the boys looked around. George looked as if he was about to answer when there was a loud scream down the corridor, then a bright light. A black hooded figure entered our compartment and looked at us.

When it turned to me it floated towards me, the others seeming almost hypnotized. When it started making a deep breathing noise I relived my worst memories and I let out a silent scream.

My dad's body hitting the floor with no breath.

The life leaving my mothers eyes as she begged for me and my brother to be saved.

Harry being taken by Hagrid's motorcycle as the traitor held me from getting to my brother, attempting to stop the waterfall going down my cheeks.

Seeing my little brother again at Kings Cross and not being able to hug him.

When I was finally brought back to reality I was shaking violently, clinging onto someone's robes as they whispered words of comfort into my ear.

My sobs slowly quieted as I looked up only to see George looking at me with concern filling every one of his features. I looked around the room and was met with Fred and Lee staring with worry and Uncle Moony holding out a piece of chocolate for me.

"What the bloody hell was that Remus?" Lee was used to calling him by his first name after spending so long at my house. Rem had even allowed him to sleep over in the same room as me and go to his house when he realized that Lee was not planning to date me. Ever.

"First off Lee, no cursing. Secondly at Hogwarts you will only refer to me as Professor Lupin," at that I let out a little snicker. "And thirdly that was a dementor, sent to check the cabins for Black. Not steal peoples soul. I'm terribly sorry Rose, but I must inform the conductor."

When Moony left I was bombarded with questions, saved by George. "Hey, I'm sure she doesn't want to talk about it. Let's just play Exploding snap to pass the time."

Fred and Lee started a round of the game and I moved back to my spot against the window, watching as we moved through dense forest. I cursed my self mentally at this situation. I should know better than to leave myself alone with my thoughts. Often, it is the most dangerous and terrifying place of all.

The cheap material dipped down next to me as George spoke: "You okay?"

"I don't want to talk about it," I muttered quietly, not quite trusting my voice.

"You don't have to," he wrapped his arm around my wains, and I rested my head on his shoulder, never wanting to move. Maybe it would be fine to be left with my thoughts if they were plagued with him.

The train Stopped at Hogsmede station and we left the locomotive quickly. I struggled to walk as fast as my stupid tall friends and huffed.

"Come on shortie," Lee crouched down for me to get on his back with a smug look and I stuck my tongue out, getting on regardless.

"Oh come on Georgie, I'm tired," Fred said dramatically. "Will you carry me?" He jumped into his brothers arms, forcing George to hold him bridal style before purposely dropping him.

"Bugger off you lousy git," we all laughed at George's annoyance and carried on to the train.

While we were walking and cracking jokes I realized something. This was my little family, and I loved it.