Sleeping bags and a new painting

George POV

Rose and I ran to Remus's classroom, taking a moment to catch our breath before entering hastily.

"Uncle Rem," Ro started, making sure that he was fine before hugging him tightly. The older man looked at me questionably over her shoulder, and I could only reply with a grim glance. "Are you okay? Did he do anything to you?"

"Rose, what are you going on about?" Remus looked between the two of us after puling out of the embrace.

"He's here," I said vaguely, causing Remus's eyes to widen. "Black must have been using his animagus to get past the dementors. The painting of the Fat Lady was torn up, and she was nowhere to be seen."

"Has a Professor Mcgonnogal been informed?" Remus said urgently.

"Both her and Percy are begin fetched as we speak," Rose said, trying to be strong but her trembling body said different.

I wrapped an arm around her shoulders and she curled into me, looking so vulnerable and my heart broke at the sight. The door opened and Fred and Lee walked in. Lee immediately went up and hugged her, the two practically siblings having their own quiet conversation.

"Let's start heading to the common room," Remus began, "that's where anything will be announced."

When we stepped out of the room there was a mob of students going somewhere, following a teacher, and we decided to tag along.

"Hello Professor Sprout," Remus told the teacher.

"Oh, hello Lupin," Sprout replied.

"What, may I ask, is going on?" He began. "I know that Black entered the castle, but where are we going?"

"All students will sleep in the Great Hall for their safety," Sprout said. "How are you holding up, I know how close the four of you were?"

"I am doing fine, I accepted his... doing... a long time ago," Remus replied sadly.

"And Rose?" the professor questioned. "Being your niece she must have spent a lot of time with him when she was younger."

"She is alright," Remus began. "Speaking of Rose, I must get back to her and the boys."

Remus returned to us and we told him we had heard. He warned us to stay close and watch over Harry.

"Always," Rose promised with a tone of determination.

"Thank you Ro," Remus looked sympathetically.

When we made it to the Great Hall the four of us got sleeping bags right next to each other.

Rose POV

I opened my eyes knowing it was nighttime. The night of the full moon. My potion had brewed for the full week, ready for the last ingredient. I got up and looked around to make sure that everyone was asleep before leaving the Great Hall.

I entered Myrtle's bathroom, stirring the potion one more time, before exiting to find the wolfsbane I planted last year. This was the last step in becoming an animagus, the last thing needed for the extremely hard to make potion.

I heard footsteps behind me and drew my wand, "Who's there?"

"Calm down Rose," George started, "it's just me."

"You scared the hell out of me," I hit him. "Plus, what are you doing up this late? There's a killer on the lose."

"You're one to talk," George said with a scoff. "At least the murder doesn't want my skin. And, anyway, I was only following you. You know it's the full moon."