chapter 53

Today is Christmas Eve!!! One of my favorite days of the year.

I would be going to the Barker's house, to have our annual dinner, but before I left I needed to do this one thing...

I slipped on a pair of skinny jeans, a plain grey shirt, a flowery design scarf, w/ my grey boots. I put my hair into a side braid. I ran into the bathroom, brushing my teeth. I put a little bit of concealer and mascara on.

I grabbed my phone, running into my mamaws bathroom. While she was curling her hair, "I have to run and do a few errands, I'll meet you guys at James' house." She nodded still curling her hair. I grabbed my car keys off the counter and walked outside into the cool air.

I slipped into my little car, I've always had. And turned the engine on. Here goes nothing...

I stopped at the nearest mall, getting something for my plan.

I walked out of the mall, with a bag in my hand. Slipping into my car.

The mall isn't open on Christmas, but imagine it is!

I drove 15 miles to my destination. Here it goes..

I walked up to the door and knocked a few times. She answered the door quickly, wide eyed.

"Zoe?" I smiled.

"Hey Shea, can I come in?" She nodded moving out of the way.

"We need to talk." I demanded.

"Okay, well let's go to my room." I followed her upstairs.

She looked at me with hate and disgust. No wonder. I would hate me too. But I just need to clear things up.

"Shea. I'm really sorry, I overreacted over this stupid Trey thing. I moved on, I really did. But I guess that little part of me was jealous. But I'm happy with Harry. " She looked up at me, sitting in her bed.

"It's fine, you had every right to be mad. But I'm sorry, about that. I should've talked to you! You were by best friend, Zoe. Fuck, you still are!" I smiled standing up.

"It's fine. Let's just forget about all this." I squeezed her in a tight hug.

She mumbled, "I love ya Zoe. " I patted her back saying that same thing.

I handed her a bag from Delia's, one of her favorite stores.

She opened the bag, pulling out a black flowwy top, with purple/black chevron leggings.

She smiled, hugging me again.

"Thank you, I wish I could've got you something." I shook my head.

"No no! It's fine."

I looked at the time on my phone. "Shit." I mumbled.

"What?" Shea asked.

It was 12:16 and I had to be at the barkers at 12.

"I have to get to the Barker's dinner." She laughed knowing it was tradition.

"Okay I'll walk you to the door." We ran down stairs, I walked to the door opening.

"I love you Shea!" I shouted and I noticed CJ, Tucker, & Creed on the couch.

"Hey guys!" I waved. Tucker was the only one that noticed me. He smiled waving back. "Hey Zoe!"

"Bye! Love you chick!" I smiled walking out the door.

I arrived at James' house 15 minutes later.

I ran through the door, outta breath. The delicious smell taking over my body.

"Zoe!! You're late. I'm starving. & they wouldn't eat until you arrived." Andy glared at me.

I put my arms in surrender, "Come on. Let's dig in." I shouted running towards the plates.