Date: 2

The days went by quickly, and soon enough it was the day of Roman and Virgil's second date. It was a Saturday today, and Virgil got up around 7:45 to start getting ready. Roman would be at his house by 8:45 to pick him up, and he didn't want to be rushed this time around. So, when he got up, he grabbed some clothes and hopped into the shower.

'Roman said dress casual... but he didn't tell me where we're going.'

When Virgil got out of the shower, he dried and off and got dressed in jeans, a white t-shirt, and the hoodie he always wore. It was black with plaid purple patches sewed on. He got it as a birthday present from his friends, who all helped to custom make it, and he almost never took it off. He put socks on and went downstairs to eat.

He had a bowl of cereal, and a glass of orange juice. His mom walked by and kissed his head. "Ready for your date?" Virgil sighed. "Mom, we're going on dates because Patton dared us to!" His mom laughed, and she smiled. "Oh, stop, I know! I was just asking if you were ready, I wasn't teasing." Virgil flushed pink, and he sighed. "Um, almost, Mom."

He finished eating and took care of his dishes. Then he ran upstairs and went back into his bathroom. He brushed his teeth and used mouthwash, and he washed his face. He grabbed his comb and started to do his hair, styling it with a little bit of gel today. He looked at his reflection, and he smiled.

'I look kinda nice right now.'

Virgil had time to spare, since he got up so early, so he sat downstairs and played on his phone. When he got a text saying Roman was 5 minutes away, he pouted. He texted back saying not to text and drive anymore, and if he got a response to this text Roman would be getting yelled at. He stood and put on his shoes, ready to go.

Roman didn't respond, thankfully. He pulled up to Virgil's house and he walked to the front door. He rang the doorbell, and he waited. Virgil answered, smiling slightly.

"Hey, Roman."

"Hi, Vee! Ready to go?" Virgil nodded, and he yelled goodbye to his family. He stepped outside, shutting and then locking the door. Roman took his hand, and he kissed his forehead. "I think you'll like what we're doing today."

Virgil laughed as his face turned pink again. "What're we doing?" Roman led him to the car and opened the passenger door. "You'll see when we get there!"

So Roman drove them to their destination, which Virgil didn't know until they got very close. He saw highway signs for it as they drove, and Roman took the exit to get to it.

"Are we going to the zoo?!"

Roman laughed. "You guessed it! My family bought the yearly membership because of my little siblings, and we get one free guest whenever we go. So, you're paid for, basically. We also get really great parking that only annual members get!"

Virgil smiled. "That's cool! I'm just excited about the animals." Roman smiled as he pulled into the zoo parking lot and he parked. "I figured, considering how much you love them!"

Virgil loved animals. Especially the weird ones that were rare and nobody knew about them. He wanted to work with animals when he was older, that's how much he loved them.

Roman parked his car, and he and Virgil got out. Roman got them into the zoo with his membership, and they both started to walk around. Virgil grabbed a map, and then grabbed Roman's hand. "So we don't lose each other." Roman smiled and kissed his head. "Yeah... So we don't lose each other."

They walked to every single animal exhibit that was open that day, and Virgil spent forever at each one. He smiled at all the animals, reading the plaques by the exhibits. He was so happy to spend the day at the zoo with Roman. Half way through their day, Virgil was getting hungry.

"Roman, can we get lunch somewhere?"

"Of course, Virge. Where do you wanna go? Most places just have chicken tenders, maybe sandwiches, and some salads and stuff."

Virgil looked at all the places on the map. "So, if we're in this area, then isn't this the closest place to eat?" Roman looked, and he nodded. "Yeah, it is. Wanna walk there?" Virgil nodded, and he folded the map again, and grabbed Roman's hand.

They walked there, and Virgil got some yummy chicken tenders, Roman got grilled cheese, and they each got soda. They sat down at a table to eat their lunch, and Roman sat next to Virgil to eat.

As they ate, Virgil decided it was too hot for his hoodie. So, he took it off and carefully tied it around his waist. Virgil ate a chicken tender, and mumbled, "Too hot out for a jacket." Roman nodded, and he smiled a bit.

'Virgil's cute with the hoodie, but kinda hot without it.' He had some toned muscles that Roman could see in his arms. "Yeah... I guess I should've said we were gonna be outside."

Virgil smiled and hummed. "It's okay. Your car is cold, anyways."

After some time walking around after lunch, Virgil saw that a show was happening soon. "Roman, can we watch it?? Please??" Virgil gave him a pouty face with puppy eyes, and Roman just couldn't say no to him. "Oh, um, sure, if you want to."

Virgil giggled. "Yay! It starts in 10 minutes, let's go find seats in the theater!" Virgil grabbed his hand and pulled him into the theater, finding good seats. He sat down, and Roman sat next to him.

Virgil loved the show! The animals featured were super cute, and he was smiling the entire time. After, they saw the rest of the exhibits that they didn't see yet, and by the time they finished, the day was almost ending.

"Wanna head home now? It's getting a bit late to stay any longer." Roman put his arm around Virgil as they walked, making the shorter of the two blush.

"Oh, maybe. What time is it?"

"It's almost 5pm. When do your parents want you home?"

Virgil hummed. "They said no later than 10. I think we've seen every animal, and they aren't doing shows anymore. We can go... maybe we can stop somewhere for food."

Roman smiled. "Alright, Vee. C'mon, let's go."

They walked back to Roman's car together, both of them smiling. Roman looked for places to stop, and Virgil played on his phone in the car.

"Hey, maybe we can get ice cream."

Virgil looked up at him. "Yeah! Sounds good to me!"

Roman drove back to where they lived and went to the local ice cream parlor there. He took Virgil inside, and he put his arm around him. "Get whatever you want, hon, it's on me."

Virgil looked up. 'He called me hon.' He bit his lip. "Are you sure, Roman? I can cover my own." Roman kissed his nose. "Yes, I'm sure. Now, go ahead and pick somethin' out." Roman looked up at the menu after getting his card out. He let Virgil order first.

"Um, c-can I please have a strawberry milkshake?" Virgil smiled, and he thanked the young lady taking his order. Roman stepped up and smiled. "I would like a chocolate shake, please." Roman hummed, and he handed her his card. He took it back as she said their shakes would be right out.

Virgil grabbed Roman's hand and he sat with him. He sat across from Roman, but kept hold of his hand, loosening his grip slightly. He hummed. "I had fun today. Seeing all the animals was really fun!"

Roman smiled. "Good! I had a great time, too." They talked for a bit before their shakes were brought over. Virgil sipped his happily, smiling at Roman. Roman drank his, too, smiling back at Virgil.

At the end of the night, Roman took Virgil home. He walked him to the door, and he smiled at him. "I'll see you on Monday at school, okay?" He kissed Virgil's cheek, and he smiled.

"Okay... I'll see you then." Virgil smiled and giggled a bit.

He turned to unlock the door, and he hummed quietly.

"Goodnight, Roman!"

"Goodnight, Vee."