Date: 3

Virgil slept in on Saturday. He slept until about 11, and when he woke up, he woke up slowly. He stretched under his blankets, and he slowly opened his eyes. He yawned, and he pushed himself up so he was sitting, and he hummed quietly.

'What a nice, relaxing day...'

He stood, and he went downstairs to eat breakfast. He ate happily, yet tiredly. He felt like he was forgetting something, though. 'It's a weekend, I don't have homework, I didn't make plans with Logan, or Patton, or-'

He stopped his thoughts. 'Roman!'

He had a date today, and he forgot. When he was done eating, he raced back upstairs to get ready as quickly as possible. He got dressed hurriedly, and he hastily did his hair and brushed his teeth in the bathroom. He sprayed a bit of cologne, and then put on deodorant. His shoes were downstairs, so he ran down and slipped them on.

He ran out of the house, and to the spot they were supposed to be meeting at in about 10 minutes.

Roman was waiting inside the coffee shop for him. 'Maybe he just woke up late..'

He checked the time. Virgil was 5 minutes late, even though he was trying to get there as fast as he could. Just then, the bell above the door chimed, and Virgil walked inside. Roman looked up at him, and Virgil waved awkwardly. He went to sit with him.

"Um, hey Roman... Sorry I'm late. I woke up late today, and then I kinda forgot for a second while I was still trying to wake up, I wasn't planning on being this late I swear, I should've set an alarm last night-"

"Virgil. It's alright... Don't worry about it!" Roman smiled and held his hand. Virgil blushed, and he smiled.

"Oh... Alright, then. Did you order already?"

Roman shook his head. "I was waiting for you... Tell me what you want, it's on me." Virgil looked at him. "No, Roman, you paid for our last date. I'll get it this time." Roman smiled. "No, I insist, Vee. Let me get it."

Virgil frowned. "No. I'll cover the check for this." He stood, and softly kissed Roman's cheek. "What do you want?"

Roman blushed, and he looked up at Virgil. "Uhh... A caramel macchiato, please... Thanks, Vee." He smiled happily.

Virgil laughed. "It's not a problem, Roman." He went up to the counter, rehearsing what to say in his head, and ordered their coffee, as well as pastries for each of them.

He brought the pastries to Roman, and softly kissed his head before walking to the drink pick-up counter. When they were ready, he grabbed the big, warm mugs and carried them over. He set Roman's down first, and then sat down with his.

He sat across from Roman, and he blew on his drink. He bit into his snack, which was a chocolate croissant. He got Roman the same, not really knowing what he liked.

Roman smiled at him. "Thanks, dear." Virgil blushed at the nickname, and he smiled. "Uh, you're welcome, Ro..."

They talked about everything and nothing, drinking their coffee and eating pastries for a long while. Virgil was having fun with Roman, who was also having a good time.

By the time they were done, it was already almost 12:15. "We've been here for an hour almost." Virgil laughed as he spoke. Roman smiled. "Whoa, really?" Virgil nodded, and showed him the time. "Oh, wow..."

Virgil stood. "C'mon... We should get going. Maybe we can go for a walk in the park?" Roman smiled and stood, taking his hand. "Sure, babe." Roman kissed his cheek, and he smiled.

Virgil smiled and looked down, blushing. He led Roman out of the café, and he walked down the block with him to the little park. They went for a long, slow walk, talking about everything and anything. Virgil was happy to spend the early afternoon with Roman, especially as they both sat down under a big oak tree, and Roman pulled Virgil against his chest, keeping his arms around him loosely.

'It's almost like he actually is in love with me...'

He had to remind himself that Roman wasn't his actual boyfriend, and that this was part of a dare from Patton. He shut his eyes, and he leaned back against Roman. 'I wish he was my boyfriend...'

He let himself relax against his friend, and he kept his eyes closed. Roman held him, and he smiled slightly. He mumbled quietly. "How much sleep did you get last night?.."

Virgil smiled. "Enough... I'm alright, just relaxed." Roman hummed. "Okay..."

They stayed like that for a while, simply staying close, Roman holding Virgil against him. He gave the smaller boy in his arms gentle kisses on his head every now and then, and he was humming sweet, happy tunes quietly as the sun beamed down on them.

At about 1pm, one of their phones buzzed. Roman checked his, and it was Patton, in their group text. Virgil felt his buzz a moment later. "Is it Pat or Logan?.."

Roman smiled down at him. "It's Pat. He wants to know if we're down to hangout sometime after school next week. He said maybe Friday so we could do a sleepover thing." Virgil laughed a bit.

"Tell him I'm cool with it and that I'm too relaxed to type." Roman smiled. "Alright, then." He texted that they were both down with it.

Virgil yawned. "Can we go back to your place?" Roman looked at him. "You mean, both of us?" Virgil rolled his eyes and sat up. "Yes, Princey. Both of us." He laughed, and kissed his nose.

Roman flushed pink, and he smiled a bit. "Oh, sure..."

Roman drove them back to his place, and Virgil took his shoes and jacket off. He walked up to Roman's room, and he fell onto the bed. "Nap time."

Roman laughed. "Oh... Okay."

He sat down next to him, but Virgil pulled him down. "Cuddle me. You're supposed to act like my boyfriend." Roman laughed. "Yes, sir."

He laid down and held Virgil, who promptly fell asleep. Roman kissed his head softly, and napped with him, thus bringing their lovely date to a sweet end.