Chapter 59

It has been a week as a married woman and I’m riding high on cloud nine. We were only able to spend three days at the cabin before duty called.  Colin promised that we would have a true honeymoon but with the council coming in a few weeks his hands were full getting Vulance organized. I had just finished teaching my last class when a wave of dizziness forced me to sit down. My body suddenly became flush with heat and I started to fan myself. It took a few minutes until my heat wave passed and slowly stood up to make sure the wooziness was gone.

Maybe I should lay down for awhile; I left the school building and headed for the main house.  I spoke to those who passed by me giving them a weak smile.  I fell in the bed exhausted only having enough energy to kick off my shoes. 

“Baby are you okay?” Colin was rubbing my shoulders and pulling my hair out of my face.

“Just tired.” I stretch and covered a yawn with the back of my hand.  “What time is it?”

“Six.”

“Really, I have been out for three hours.” I looked at the clock on the nightstand and confirmed the time.  Although I had a three hour nap I still felt groggy and tired.

“Hungry?”

“Starving.” Colin looked worried; I leaned up and gave him a kiss on his lips.  “I’m okay, I promised. Let’s go eat.”

An hour later we were sitting in the dining room and I tried to stay focus on the conversation that was floating around me at the table.  All I wanted to do was climb back into the bed and go to sleep.

“Celeste, hey girl, you alright?” Vicki nudges me with her shoulder.  It was a slight bump of the shoulders but I had to catch myself from falling out of the chair.

“I-I’m o-“ dark spots appeared in my vision and I raised alarming eyes to Colin before my total vision was blacked out.  I heard Vicki scream my name as I lost consciousness.

Beep…. Beep…..Beep……Beep

Through the darkness, I heard a steady beeping noise and the voices of Colin and another voice.

“Tell me what’s wrong with her?!”

“Alpha please calm down, we are running tests.”

“You said that hours ago, dammit! I still haven’t heard anything.”

“We want to make sure that we check out everything, we are running a full battery of tests.  They are all coming back negative.  We still don‘t know why she fainted or why she hasn’t woken up!”

I needed to calm Colin down.  I tried opening my mouth to speak but nothing came out.  I struggled to open my eyes but they wouldn’t cooperate.

“Doctor, Alpha, her heartrate is up.”

“Celeste, baby, can you hear me?”  I felt Colin caressing my face his voice was saturated with worry.  I wanted to tell him I was fine but my body was nonresponsive. Suddenly I felt small kisses feather my face, “Please wake up, I need you.”

“Alpha I will let you know when we find something out.” I felt the warmth from Colin’s touch leave my side.

“You better make it quick.”

“Colin let the doctor go, so he can do his job.  He can’t find out any answers if you kill him.” Dylan commanded as Colin growled. I heard some scuffling and heavy panting before Dylan spoke again. “Doctor I suggest you leave.”

“Beta, Alpha.”  The doctor voice sounded hoarse before the door slammed shut.

“Colin you need to get a grip over your wolf.”