Chapter 6

Lances pov 

So our last subject is Spanish I'm so lucky I know Spanish I mean it is my first language. After all, I sat down beside Keith who gave me a look then took his books out. I followed suit. My book had more pages and it was bigger. I don't see why we have to write this down in school rules I guess. 

I sighed. This teacher is taking way longer than our P.E teacher. I wonder what's so important to the teacher to be late to class. I started to gently tap my fingers on the desk making a song. I looked at Keith and he was looking out the window so I decided to check him out. 

He has a mullet, of course, he has pale skin, not the bad kind but pale skin suits him, the sun reflects on it making him even cuter. He did have some freckles but what amazes me most is that he has the most beautiful eyes. 

They are violet and sparkle brightly when he talks to hunk and pidge. I don't know but he makes me feel warm. Like whenever I'm around him he makes me feel safe? I know I know I met him a few hours ago-

"Good Afternoon class I'm sorry for being late. We had a meeting about what we're gonna do next week- uh I mean..anyway I heard there is a new student. I hope you're good at Spanish if you're not, your in for a ride" The teacher spoke, breaking me from my thoughts.

I looked up and saw a middle-aged man who looked like he wasn't old nor young. He was wearing a white dress shirt, along with darkish blue jeans, he had his hair slick back. I think he is Cuban I've seen him around before and can't be sure this dude is him. Then he pulled some weird looking book out that was quite old, he smiled.

"Ok class who can stay this sentence in Spanish"

Everyone looked up. I hadn't noticed that I saw Keith stare at it confused. Some kids tried but failed. I waited then put my hand up. Everyone looked at me and the teacher smiled.

"Lance McClain? Anyways go ahead give it we don't know how good your Spanish is or if you even know Spanish"

I looked at the sentence and read it in my head. This was gonna be easy, then I opened my mouth and then spoke.

"Hoy Estaba lloviendo así que mamá nos dijo que teníamos que quedarnos dentro, pero la Abuela nos dijo que podíamos"(today was raining so Momma told us we had to stay inside but Grandma told we could). 

The class even Keith was shocked at how good my Spanish was. Everyone was speechless then Keith managed to say. 

"You're better than the teacher"

This brought glares to him but some laughed, the teacher snapped out of his trance and narrows his eyes looking at Keith

"Anyways Amazing Spanish Mr McClain I'm looking forward to be teaching you this year"

I smiled a little, my cheeks red from the number of people staring at me. I chuckled nervously then grabbed my pen and started to draw in my book then Keith whispered.

"I bet you could teach this class yourself"

I smiled softly yet calmly at him. He looked away swear I saw a blush on his face I did a shit-eating smirk on my face and looked away I saw some girls looking at me I winked at them. 

They blushed then looked away whispering while giggling I guess I am a lover boy I sighed. I know Spanish is my first language but this is so boring. He is good at Spanish but says some words off. I rubbed my temples and sat there forced to listen to him. 

Keiths pov

Shit Lance is amazing at Spanish he said that sentence, I mean Spanish is his real language and while he said it, his voice was low yet sexy. I could listen to him speak Spanish all day. 

He said it so easy as well like he knew it straight up. I yawn, I'm still tired and Lance never stops talking. I crossed my arms on the cold table then rested my face between them and took a big breath but quietly and fell asleep.

-time skip-

I got woken up by someone saying my name while shaking me I groaned moving away they stopped. I was going to go back to sleep until someone slapped the back of my head and I growled. I shot up and saw Lance, he sighed.

"Oh my god, sleeping beauty finally woke up," He said while packing my bag I groaned and looked around. It was only me and him. I looked up at the time it was 3:30. 

It's been an hour after school. I looked at him and he was holding my bag in his hands and then raising an eyebrow.

"Hey hey, don't get mad with me I have tried to wake you up nothing work anyways I have to go I have to go do something, cya mullet"

He walked out before I could yell at him for calling me, Mullet. I sighed and grabbed my back, hosting it onto one of my shoulders and walked out of the classroom. I walked down the halls and everything was so quiet.

 I looked down some halls. They were empty, no living thing in sight, so I really am the only person here. I sighed and I walk-in down one hallway and was about to walk down a flight of stairs. But a voice yelled.

"KEITH"

I looked behind to find the living thing that had called my name. I relaxed, my face went into a small smile as Shiro jogged up beside me. Then threw his prosthetic arm around my shoulder. He ruffled my hair. I smiled at him. He laughed and spoke. 

"Anyways I saw the bruises you should call them in"

I saw his worried face and bit my lip Adjusting my bag strap. I didn't reply as we walked down the silent hallways. I sighed.

"I know I know but they are my parents I-I...." I had spoken but it trailed off. I couldn't finish it.

Shiro understood and gave me a small smile as we walked out of the school, his arm around my shoulders. I looked so small against him. We walked in comfortable silence minus the cars honking. We got to our vehicles that we had brought and Shiro spoke.

"You know Keith I'm always here for you, come over anytime you like"

I smiled at him sitting on my bike before I put my bag away and grabbed my helmet. Before he hopped into the car we made eye contact and I spoke.

"I Know I promise"

He gave me one last smile before he hopped into his car and started it. Then right as he left I followed suit. But we went separate ways. I drove by a park and stopped in traffic. I looked at the park, something or someone may have caught my eye. 

I saw Lance with a bunch of kids who were attacking him. He was laughing and playing with them as he looked up. He made eye contact with me and smiled and waved. I couldn't help the smile that crept up my face. I waved then the lights went green and I drove off. His smile never left my mind.

Authors notes

words:1256 

hey guys thank you for almost 100 reads I didn't really expect people this read this like my stony one-shots which now has 4k reads but anyways thank you for reading tell me if there are any spelling errors

Peace~