Chapter 1: Outcast

((Y/n) 5 years old pov.)

Boy: RUN! IT'S THE MONSTER!

Girl: HE'S GONNA GET US!

I don't get it. Why does everyone treat me different now? We all used to be friends and play together. So why are you running away from me? Is it because of my quirk? Yeah, I guess I do look like a monster huh.

(Y/n): Grrr... I hate my dumb quirk! I want it to just go away!

I know that no matter how much I shout I won't just lose my quirk... I'm stuck with it... And because of that I'm going to be hated... forever...

???: Hey are you OK?

(timeskip (Y/n) 15 years old pov.)

So stuff's changed a bit now that I'm in middle school. My classmates don't run from me any more, which is pretty cool, but they do still make the odd comment. They don't mean any offense but I guess I just get tired of hearing the same things all the time. "y'know your quirks kinda suited for a villain right (Y/n)," stuff like that. Oh! Speaking of my quirk I guess you want to know what it is, huh?

-----------------------------------------------------------

(Y/n) (L/n)

Quirk: Spinebreaker

He can control his spine meaning it can be used as a weapon or a shield. Overuse of his quirk can lead to back pain as well as damage to his spine.

 Overuse of his quirk can lead to back pain as well as damage to his spine

-----------------------------------------------------------

You can understand why people think I'm scary right, if I extended my spine out and walked towards someone at night they'd probably think that the grim reaper was coming after them. So people keep their distance...

???: Hey (Y/n) how's it going, man!

Well most people.

(Y/n): Hey Denki, how're you?

Kaminari: I'm good bro! As pumped as ever!

Yeah, that's Denki. He's my closest friend. He was the only person who talked to me when we were kids and therefore was the only one I ended up befriending. I'm not sure why he decided to talk to the "scary kid" of all people but I'm sure glad he did.

Kaminari: So (Y/n), have you finally decided to apply for UA with me!

(Y/n): w-what! Dude, we've been over this. I'm not the heroic type...

Kaminari: Of course you are! Remember that time you used your quirk to get a cat out of a tree!

(Y/n): That hardly makes me heroic! Besides I got in trouble with the police for using my quirk in public...

Kaminari: I mean yeah... But remember how greatful that old lady was for getting her cat down!

(Y/n): Heh, your optimism knows no bounds.

Kaminari: Yep!

(Y/n): Look I just don't think I'd make it as a hero.

Kaminari: Why?

(Y/n): C'mon, you know why.

He just tilted his head to the side and stared that's one thing about Denki he's... Uh not the brightest to put it nicely

(Y/n): It... It doesn't matter, I'll think about the application at home okay.

Kaminari: well... Alright then. See you tomorrow!

(Y/n): yeah bye.

I left Denki and started to walk home. The truth is I really do want to be a hero but I know that it just wouldn't happen so I shouldn't waste my time on a hero course. People will just give me a bad rep even if I did manage to make it. There's only one person who became a hero dispite his scary appearance and even then I bet he was really lucky. Just then as I walked past an alleyway I heard a man shout.

Thug: I'll fuckin' kill you, freak!

Immediately after I heard an incredibly loud noise like a screech or a cry, yet for some reason it sounded familiar to me. After the noise subsided I turned to see the source of it. At that point, my life was changed forever.