Chapter 3: A Dream Worth Fighting For

((Y/n) pov)

Its been a few days since I had that conversation with Gang Orca. It all happened so fast. He said something about how "Out of all the brats I meet I think you're the one I like the most!" Next thing you know he says "I'll train you to be an even better hero than me, just you wait kid!" I was so overwhelmed. It was like some sort of fantasy.

He told me to meet him today at the same ally we met in before at 8am.

(Y/n): Not gonna lie this is kinda sketch...

I told my mom that I was heading over to Denki's place. She was surprised that it was this early in the morning but she was fine with it. Still I kinda feel bad for lying to her though, but this could be my one shot at actually achieving my dreams so I'd be an idiot to turn this down.

???: Hey kid!

I heard a loud voice shouting at me and I turned to see the large build of Gang Orca wearing casual jeans and a tank top. Wait... A tank top? It's FEBRUARY!?

Orca: Alright kid, ready to start training!

(Y/n): Wh- training? When did we say anything about training?

Orca: we didn't. I did though, so let's begin!

I am so confused but the idea of being trained by the no. 10 hero is definitely something I should not decline.

(Y/n): alright so what's our first training exercise?

I can see a smile appear across Gang Orca's mouth, as he pulls out a jug of white liquid.

Orca: Drink this.

(Y/n): I don't like where this is going.

Orca: It's milk, kid.

(Y/n): Oh!... I knew that...

Gang Orca then handed me the large jug.

(Y/n): uh... You want me to drink all of this?..

Orca: Damn right.

(Y/n): But this is like a full gallon!?

Orca: Quite your whining and DRINK IT!

(Y/n): OK, FINE.

I began to chug the gallon of milk having to take small breaks in between just so I didn't throw up. But still I eventually got to the bottom of the jug.

(Y/n): Ah!... Done...

Orca: good job kid I knew you could do it!

(Y/n): So.... Why did you make me do that?

Orca: milk contains calcium and calcium can strengthen bones which is your thing.

I stared blankly at Gang Orca.

Orca: What?

(Y/n): You're smart...

Orca: HAH! Not just a pretty face, huh?

(Y/n): Pfft, guess you could say that.

Gang Orca really is amazing... But that just raises the question of why he's "training" me of all people.

(Y/n): Hey, why are you doing this.

Orca: doin' what?

(Y/n): This! This training! Why are you wasting your time on some random kid when you could be doing anything else! Is-is it just cause you feel sorry for me?

Orca: Hmm... Yeah! Guess that is why!

(Y/n): WHAT! THAT'S REALLY JUST IT?!

Orca: Chill out kid! That's not the only reason, y'know.

(Y/n): Huh? It isn't?

Orca: Nah, the other reason is that... I think you deserve a chance.

(Y/n): Huh? A chance?

Orca: It's no secret that our world is really unfair. Depending on your quirk your entire life could be decided for you. Some people are born with heroic quirks, others with villainous ones, some people don't even have a quirk. But I believe that whatever your quirk is shouldn't matter, its the content of your character and your drive that should. You want to be a hero, kid, don't ya! Then you should have the drive to be one! And I can tell that you do, but your confidence is lacking. And that's why I'm here. To bring out your potential. To give you that chance...

Gang Orca held out his large scalely hand.

Orca: So do you have the drive to fight for your dream?