Chapter 12: Aqualotic

"Please be careful, Ash..."

As Serena turned around, she was met with teasing smirks from most of her new friends, except for Lillie and Brock, who were simply smiling. Dawn approached her and put an arm on top of her shoulder and leaned in toward her. "I see you, girl! That was so cute!!"

Mallow walked over and leaned on her opposite shoulder. "So, you and Ash, huh? You two would make a pretty good match, and it was super cute when you kissed him just now."

Serena was blushing heavily, looking embarrassed. "You guys..."

Lillie and Lana stood beside Mallow and Dawn, respectively, smiling over at Serena. Lillie was the first to speak up. "You two are so cute together! I love it!"

Lana cracked a sly grin. "I ship it."

Kiawe shrugged, chuckling. "I honestly didn't think he had it in him."

Sophocles nodded, looking up at Kiawe. "Me either."

Brock laughed. "You two have no idea."

Professor Burnet blushed bashfully, squealing in delight. "Oh! How adorable! Ash and Serena would make such a great couple, right, Kukui?"

Kukui nodded thoughtfully. "They sure would."

"S-shouldn't we focus on getting into Team Sigma's base?" Serena asked, smiling sheepishly as she tried to shake off her embarrassment with all her female comrades surrounding her.

"Serena's right, you guys. We have a job to do." Brock said, becoming serious.

Dawn sighed. "Alright, I hear you."

She then leaned in close to Serena. "But you're not off the hook yet, sister. After this is all over, I wanna see some progress."

Serena laughed nervously in response. "R-right."

As everyone began to shift their attention away from Serena, they formed a huddle as Brock began the strategy meeting.

"Alright, everyone. Here's how I think we should go about this." Brock started.

"We'll start by taking a submarine down into the ocean. I doubt anyone is really leaving Sootopolis right now because we're protected by the rock formation that surrounds the city. So the citizens aren't in any real danger unless it breaks." Brock started.

"And there's only one real way out of the city, right?" Dawn asked.

Brock nodded. "Right. There's only one underwater passage out of the city. If we swam from here, we'd only waste our limited oxygen supply. But once we get out, the base could be anywhere. And we don't even know for sure that it's underwater at all. It's only our best guess. Though I'd go as far as to say it's fairly likely. Once we're out, we'll split up into three or four groups. Each group needs to have a water-type Pokemon if we want to split up. Any suggestions for the groups?"

Lana quickly piped up. "I can take Kiawe and Sophocles since neither of them have a water Pokemon."

Mallow was next to speak up. "I want Lillie with me. But neither of us have a water-type."

Serena smiled at them. "Then I'll go with you two. Mudkip can help us out!"

Lillie smiled at her, relieved. "Thank goodness! We'd love to have you along, Serena!"

Dawn smiled at Brock. "I guess that leaves you and me, Brocko. Piplup and I will do our best!"

"Piplup!"

Brock smiled back. "Thanks, you two. That all sounds good. Everyone good with those groups?"

"Yes!"