A Minor Scuffle

An uneasy silence fell over the room as the three skeletons stared at each other. Horror hadn't been expecting the sans to recover from nearly freezing to death as quickly as he did.

It could be a positive thing all things considered. A chance to pry answers out of him and get the stranger out of his universe all the quicker. Not all lost opportunities. Horror let out a forceful cough and focused back on Papyrus.

"well he sure is awake. and probably really hungry too. do you have any leftover spaghetti?"

"ONLY A LITTLE I HAD PLANNED ON SAVING, BUT DESPERATE TIMES MEANS HELPING FRIENDS IN NEED!"

Horror watched as Papyrus shambled out of the shed at a surprisingly terrifying speed, and closed the wooden door behind him with a force that nearly splintered it. Putting a padlock on the door to attempt to keep papyrus out would be a fruitless endeavor and waste of a good lock. Best keep this conversation short and sweet.

"alright now that he's gone, mind explaining where you're from and why the hell you're in my universe?"

The sans looked affronted as if Horror was in the wrong, choosing to shimmy farther back into the darkness of the corner until horror heard his back thud against the wall. A single purple eyelight peered out of the shadows.

"i won't ask twice. try to be a little quicker than that before i regret bringing you home and opt that you're better off as dog food."

The sans muttered something. Horror's eyebrows furrowed as his face grew darker.

"underlust." A meek voice said.

"and?"

"and i got turned around okay? i don't leave my universe often and i'm not the best when it comes to multiverse travel," He cried a little louder.

"if you don't get out often that probably means you don't have too many folks looking for you, doesn't it?" Horror sneered. "that's all i need to know."

Time stood still for one brief, wonderful second, before all hell broke loose.

The smaller monster bolted away from Horror, scrabbling at the floor as he tried to untangle himself from the chain laced around him. The old metal groaned but didn't give.

Horror wasted no time advancing towards him, his intention clear. He held a warped femur in his hands, one end was monstrously large and the other thin, giving it resemblance to a hammer or axe.

It would be an easy quick job; just get rid of the nuisance. Better than allowing him to meander around his universe and attract attention. He'd lived just fine without multiversal interference, and he promised the kill would be clean.

And yes, Papyrus would be downcast, but not for long. He'd get over it in like a week maybe. Hell, if he didn't maybe Horror would let him keep the next human they found for a little while. At least until he got bored with it. Or hungry.

The sans let out a sound akin to a squeal as he grabbed him by the leg and dragged him back, kicking and flailing. He was stronger than his thin frame suggested, a nasty surprise horror only found out after he managed to get him square in the shoulder with his free leg.

Horror swore as he felt his shoulder dislocate and went to hold it. The sans squirmed and wriggled underneath him while Horror used his body weight to pin him.

He dropped the femur, allowing it to dematerialize. He had been patient with the little shit and tried to give him a merciful death but that didn't work- a shame. Death by magic attack wouldn't be as kind.

Now if only he could get the little shit to stay still long enough to do it with as few hits as poss-

"SANS! WHAT HAVE I TOLD YOU ABOUT TRYING TO MURDER GUESTS?"

Papyrus barged back in without the slightest warning. He had gotten back much quicker than expected. Horror hadn't even heard footsteps on the icy snow. For however large he was Papyrus never lost his ability to move quickly and quietly.

Temporarily stunned from the conjunction of pain and surprise, Horror stood stock still. The monster beneath him took that as a glorious opportunity to shake him off and attempt to make a beeline for the still open door. Keyword: attempt.

Still constricted by chains, halfway to the door the sans seized up as he was yanked back. His legs folding underneath him and he hit the ground with a wet crunch. His broken sobs went ignored as Horror snarled at him.

"s'not my fault- he's not supposed to be here in the first place. Damn near kicked my shoulder in."

"THAT'S BAD BEHAVIOR FROM THE BOTH OF YOU!"

Papyrus went and picked up the crumpled skeleton, holding him close to his chest. Blood stained his battle body.

"LOOK, HOW MUCH YOU'VE SCARED HIM!!"

"that seems like a him issue."

"YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED, SANS! YOUR BEHAVIOR TODAY HAS BEEN DOWN RIGHT DEPLORABLE."

Horror's frustration was beginning to reach a boiling point. "fine. i'm ashamed."

He nodded. "AS YOU SHOULD BE. NOW, I THINK IT'S BEST YOU STAYED IN THE SHED FOR A WHILE WHILE WE GO INSIDE."

"you're kicking me out of my own home? papyrus I bought the damn thing!"

Of course his disbelief and outrage went either ignored or completely unnoticed by papyrus. The traitor continued to coddle the stranger in his arms. He turned his back to Horror, walking towards the door.

"COME NOW I HAVE SPAGHETTI HEATING UP IN THE HOUSE I BELIEVE YOU'LL ENJOY." He stopped in the door frame with a sudden realization.  "HOW RUDE OF ME! WHAT IS YOUR NAME?"

The skeleton cradled in his arms gave a weak, defeated shudder and glared at Horror over Papyrus' shoulder. "lust works fine."