In Morning Light

Things were changing with Lust around, and whether or not it was for the better was debatable. But either way, Horror wasn't fond of the shift.

Lust threw a wrench into daily life and uprooted routines in unapologetic fashion. It rubbed Horror the wrong way knowing just how much of his and his brother's life had been readjusted to fit Lust in despite his claims not to be a nuisance.

He occupied Crooks attention often, a resource only Horror felt entitled to have. He encouraged his brothers stupid escapades; adding fuel to a fire Horror rathered be put out. It was exhausting being the one to tell his brother that no, just because that slut told him that blue fire is cold doesn't mean it's true. And if he included blue fire in one of his puzzles to make it look cooler he was just going to hurt someone.

The snickering in the background never made it any better.

He took to harassing Horror every second of the day when he wasn't working on the machines or plotting with Crooks. Reading a book in the living room was no longer a safe idea as Lust bombarded him with ways they could speed up building time on the machine.

Lust clung to his back constantly, always needing updates on what he found at the dump that could contribute to their progress.

He was constantly just… around. Being himself.

And it was irritating.

But that was what Horror thought as he laid on his bed in the darkened space of his bedroom. If he squinted he could make out that the clock next to him read 6am and the fact that he was up that early wasn't even the most irritating thing. It was the non stop sounds that echoed from the room down the hall.

He could almost say that he was used to it. It was the same every morning, waking up to thumping and bumping from the guest room where Lust stayed. Horror questioned if the skeleton even was a sans if his internal clock allowed him to wake every day so early. He wondered if he even slept.

Crooks didn't sleep, he knew. He never slept before hunger swept the underground and he didn't plan on starting now. It was a bit of a mystery about what he did during the night but Horror could care less because it was done quietly. Of course it was creepy, but it didn't bother his sleep.

If Lust was so keen on waking up at the ass crack of dawn then he should have at least taken a page out of Crooks' book.

Everyday went the same way. After being woken from sleep from the sound of Lust's activity he'd then promptly turn over and try to go back to sleep. But of course that never worked so it went a little more along the lines of turning over and lying in darkness for hours.

Roughly 9am every day is when he'd hear the rusting and banging of pots and pans downstairs, signaling that Crooks had started breakfast. His brother would try to make a suitable morning meal with what increasingly little rations they had available. The noise gave him the strength to roll out of bed and stumble downstairs, summoned like a demon to ritual. 

And that's just how his mornings went for the last few weeks.

But this morning, it was through his sheer bubbling hatred for their resident houseguest that he heaved himself out of his warm nest of blankets and stomped down the hall.

Horror guessed it was a good thing that the door swung open before he had a chance to open it, because he surely would have broken it. Puzzled, Lust stared at him.

"what?" he asked innocently. "you're up early."

"no shit. go the fuck to sleep."

"what's the magic word~?"