03 - CHERRYTON ACADEMY

➖➖➖

➖➖➖

"TIME TO LET GO NOW." gouhin said, patting [y/n]'s back gently. when gouhin had finalized the adoption papers and became the human's legal father, he had gotten a call from a prestigious school, asking him about the absence of his son and when he would return to school premises.

gouhin hadn't planned on enrolling the human into a school, but when he found out [y/n] was already enrolled, he figured he had to do what was best for him. there were dorms, and gouhin got him a room to settle into. he got [y/n] packed up, getting him dressed in the uniform they sent out and walked with him to school.

[y/n] wasn't too happy hearing that he would have to go to school, or even yet have to stay there for five days in a row. gouhin asked for his son's return on the weekends, which the headmaster was perfectly fine with.

and here they were, embraced in each other's arms in the headmaster's office. the human refused to let go, not wanting to be without his new father. he felt the dreadful emotions all over again. the fear he felt when he was without his mother, and the itching sensation on his skin when he watched her leave for work. he didn't want it to happen all over again.

"i don't want to go. . ." [y/n] muttered, burying his head into gouhin's chest. "i didn't want to be here in the first place." he muttered, and felt gouhin's warm paw caress the top of his messy hair.

the panda rolled his eyes, leaning down to whisper in [y/n]'s ear. "you'll be alright. It's only for five days, you'll be home before you know it." he said with a smile, beginning to sway with the human in his arms. gouhin peered his head up to look at the tiger in front of him with an apologetic smile. "sorry 'bout this guy. he has some mild separation anxiety and it's hard for him to depart from home." he said, earning a nod from the headmaster.

"that's quite alright. i understand quite well. but the school day is about to begin, so i would like to ask if we could take him now to show him to his dorm room." the tiger said politely, gesturing towards himself and another animal that was in the room.

the panda hadn't noticed it, but there was a labrador retriever dog standing alongside the tiger with an excited expression. his floppy ears bounced as he hopped on his toes, and his tail wagged happily behind him.

"yeah, of course." gouhin nodded his head, releasing his grip on the human below him, but felt [y/n] tighten his arms around his torso. "come on, little mole rat. you gotta go now, okay?" gouhin teased, grabbing [y/n]'s arms that were wrapped around him, and began to pull them away from his torso.

[y/n] gave him a pleading expression, not wanting to leave so soon. "please, can't we come back another day?" he asked quietly, trying to find an excuse to stay at home with gouhin rather than coming to school.

the panda shook his head with a teasing smile, grabbing [y/n]'s luggage and his school bag and handed it to the human. "you're gonna be fine. if anything is wrong, just message me and i'll try to help, okay?" the panda said, earning a reluctant nod from the human.