◌ n i n e ◌

A/N: hiiii sorry for abandoning this for so long!! But I'm back now :) this is the second last part and, well, it's kinda sad :-) sorry :-)

[Ashton's POV]

The past three months had been amazing. Jake was nowhere to be seen and Y/N never mentioned him, it was like he had never existed. Y/N seemed to have gotten over him, and the amount of time we got to spend together left me in a permanent state of happiness.

Well, all up till the point I'm in my room alone, thinking of her. I didn't need to sleep, so I didn't have that escape from my thoughts, my thoughts that only revolved around her.

How could I have let this go so far? This wasn't healthy. This wasn't safe.

I was her guardian angel, for god's sake! My job was to keep her safe. How could I keep her safe when I could get killed at any moment if my emotions were ever voiced?

"As long as you keep it a secret, you'll be fine," I keep telling myself, but how can I keep it to myself when all I want is to tell her ho much I love her?

With a sigh, I got up from my bed and headed to the kitchen. Y/N was most likely still sleeping, so i started making her breakfast along with a cup of coffee for myself.

---

[YN's POV]

I woke up to the smell of coffee and food cooking, bringing a smile to my face. Ashton was an angel - both literally and metaphorically.

I swung my legs off the side of my bed and just sat there for a little bit, trying to clear my head of the dream I had just had. It was one of many that I had been having lately, and it was making no sense to me. It always depicted Ashton and I being in love, being so incredibly happy just being with each other. We were one of those cutesy couples you saw on tv, but I just wasn't able to make sense of it.

Ashton was always occupying my every thought. Was I allowed to feel this was? Would anything ever happen between us? Could anything happen between us?

With a sigh, I decided to actually get up. I tied my hair messily into a bun as I stepped into the kitchen to see Ashton cooking some eggs, his back turned to me.

"Good morning," he greeted, not even needing to turn around, but I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Morning," I answered sleepily.

I took this time to observe and appreciate the sight in front of me. I bit my lip, wishing it could be something more than me just checking out my incredibly attractive roommate. I also wished it could be something less complicated than the fact that my attractive roommate was also my guardian angel.

--

We spent that whole day out, buying Ashton new clothes since all his tee-shirts seemed to have holes in them. We even got ice-cream and Ash got it all over his nose, so I just had to take a photo.

Upon returning to our flat, I realised that it was slowly getting covered in photos of us, further making me wish that this was something serious.

I went to bed that night expecting one of those obnoxious dreams, but instead I got something very, very different.

The room was completely dark for the exception on one light shining right in the middle. In that spotlight stood a hooded figure, looking down at Ashton who seemed to be tied to a chair. He was struggling to break free while the hooded figure just laughed and mumbled something incomprehensible, digging around his robes. The mysterious figure pulled out a golden dagger, and my blood ran cold.