Sabotage (S1 E20)

"Loki? Loki, what are you doing?" I ask warily, backing away slowly as he steps forward, the tube of foundation in his mouth. "C'mon, don't do this."

Suddenly, Loki jumps at me, tackling me playfully to the ground. I laugh loudly. "Come on, Rose!" Loki cries, chuckling lightly with me through his teeth as he holds the foundation over my head.

"Never!" I guffaw, trying to push him away. "Gah!" I scream as a streamline of makeup comes out of the tube and wavers menacingly over my face. I suck in a breath and close my eyes slowly, then flick my eyes open. "You have left me no choice," I grin.

Loki furrows his brow. "What?" He mumbles.

Without a second thought, I kick him in the gut with my hind leg. As expected, he gasps in shock, rolls over and groans, clutching his stomach. I seize this opportunity to get up and run, but Loki swings a hoof out abruptly, making me trip over and flop face first on the ground.

I grunt in frustration, then flap my wings, rising into a ceiling corner and refusing to move. Flufflepuff gasps loudly, jumps up from her box and leaps up to me, trying to grab my tail. I ignore her.

Loki slowly gets up, holding his side with one hoof at glancing up at me. "For heaven's sake, Rose!" He giggles. I blow a raspberry at him, folding my arms. "Come down from there."

"Nup," I reply quickly.

"There's a pudding in it for you," he says smoothly, raising an eyebrow.

I bite my hoof, beads of sweat dripping unattractively down my forehead. "What flavour?" I ask shakily.

"Chocolate," he smirks.

Argh! My eyes dart around as I try to make a decision. I shake my head. "Tempting, Lerki, but I have one right here!" I pull one out of my hair.

Loki stares at me wide eyed. "H-How did you do that?"

"I told you before," I roll my eyes, "I control everything in this fanfiction."

"You're not controlling me- APPLETARTS!" He screams out loudly. "... What?"

"Forget it," I wave him off.

Loki sighs. "Look... you don't have to wear any makeup... I won't force you to. You look... beautiful without it."

My eyes well up comically with tears. "Awwww!" I squeal, diving at him and crashing into him with a hug. "That's so sweet!"

Loki stands there stiff, looking around awkwardly. "Uh..." He mumbles, blushing profusely.

I pull away. "Come on, we'd better get ready." I jump up and head towards my wardrobe. "What to wear?" My eyes skim past the junk at the bottom and land on a nice dress.

It's really pretty, Zoe made it for me for my last birthday. It's pink, with a small train at the back and part of it shaped like a love heart on the chest. It goes really well with these pretty green shoes with dark purple, raindrop like gems on each shoe. But... why would I wear something from Zoe? I'm supposed to hate her, she ruined my chances of getting Joe.

I almost don't wear it, until Loki comes up behind me and looks to where I'm looking. He smiles. "That one looks perfect," he says.

I put it on and trot over to the mirror to see my reflection. "Huh," I grin, posing. Then I go over to my dresser to brush my mane, which is extremely difficult when you don't have magic. Loki must have seen me struggling with brushing the back of my head and comes over, picking up a spare brush in his mouth and helps me. I pause.

At first I'm sort of shocked, honestly. I mean, Loki, of all people, helping me out? Maybe he's up to something...

He clears his throat. "So... what's the plan?" Loki asks, putting the brush down when he's finished.