42. Angelic Allies

Lucifer's eyes snapped open and he drew in a deep breath as he came to. 

"Lucifer?" His name was faint and sounded far-off, but then it came again, clearer this time, "Lucifer?"

"Detective?" Lucifer coughed, trying to sit up. He remembered being stabbed by Cain and looked down to his wound. 

The blade was no longer there. His wound was completely healed, even his shirt had been miraculously been sewn back together. All of the blood had been cleaned away too, just like it had been in the white room.

He looked to Chloe for answers, but she seemed just as shocked. The remains of his blood still stained her skin, however, and her face was still wet and red from crying. 

Lucifer realized that he wasn't lying down anymore; he was in the detective's arms. She must've been holding him until he had begun stirring. 

"How?" She breathed. 

Lucifer looked around, like the answers would just be laying discarded on the floor somewhere. Eventually he fessed up. 

"I, uh, I had a little chat with my father."

Chloe's eyebrows shot up. Her mouth gaped as she struggled to form words. Instead she brought him back in for a hug and held him close. 

"Remind me to thank Him later."

Lucifer didn't say anything. The scene that lay behind them was utter chaos, worse than before he died, if that was even possible. Now, it seemed, half of his club was on fire! Just as he registered it, both he and Chloe jumped as an explosion went off near the DJ booth. 

Chloe covered him with her body until he pushed away and stood on his own. 

"What the bloody hell is that?" Lucifer asked. 

Chloe ran a hand through her hair and said, "Ella figured out that demons can be burned by fire. She found a bunch of liquor bottles that Malcolm hadn't smashed, grabbed some towels and a lighter from behind that bar, then just started blowing up the demons!"

Lucifer watched as Miss Lopez hid behind a second floor railing above the dance floor and ignited another make shift bomb. 

Before throwing it into the crowd, she yelled, "Hey! Assbutt!"

Lucifer furrowed his eyebrows and looked at Chloe, slowly asking, "Assbutt?"

Chloe slapped her forehead with the palm of her hand and shook her head, like an exhausted mother whose little children were out of control and she had given up all hope. 

Another explosion went off and ten demons went up in flames, their skin charring as they screamed, and then they fell to the floor.

Taking another look around, Lucifer saw that Maze and Trixie were severely outnumbered. Maze was being overwhelmed by demons and the offspring looked very tired, though she fought on. 

Demons hung off Amenadiel's wings, pulling feathers out and scratching at him. 

Eve had found Kinley, and like Maze and Lucifer, was working on settling an old score. Though the priest was old, he was still a great deal stronger than Eve. 

Lucifer felt the crushing intensity of the high possibility of losing this battle overwhelm him. It hadn't felt like this when he lost his rebellion, maybe because, back then, he hadn't cared about those on his side like he does everyone now, and wasn't overly aware of the consequences. 

Even though it had sounded like Dad was optimistic they would win, things seemed bleak. They were about to lose, they could all die. Earth could fall to ruins, and it would be all his fault because of his selfishness.