Part One- Nowhere to Go

Author's Note that you may go ahead and skip: After writing this first part, I realized how I am going to go at this fanfiction. First off, this whole story could be wrapped up as a single episode if you were to put it into a film of a sort. Of course, it will take me time to finish, but I am going to try to update daily. Each part is going to contain the usual of a fanfiction with reasonable length. This includes the encounter, revealing each others' truths, cuddlin', killing zombies together, kissin', establishing relationship, reunion with old pal, having a fight, geeetttting it on (lemon part), the final reunion with the rest of the group after you and 10K have been trying to find them while going through some crazy event and all that good stuff. X3

It was about 3 years since the rise of the Zs, and I was scrambling through the mostly vacant shelves of a grocery store after sheathing my katana from slashing away Zs on my way in.

All that would ever be left in the stocks of these places will forever be the food that was tasteless and unfilling and the kick-knacks that no one ever cared for. Luckily, I had long learned to be happy with anything at all.

Upon seeing the row of canned beets, cilantro and tomato soup (my god was I glad to see tomato soup), I was thrilled enough to shout "Jackpot" under my breathe.

I threw off my backpack with might as I hurriedly pulled the cans off the shelves to hear the tin clanking together. For a brief moment when I held a can in my hand, I heard a ruffle two aisles left of me.

Swiftly, I yanked out my SIG Saur P320 from my belt holster and aimed at the dark figure moving in the crevices of the shelves. Nearing the edge of the aisle and dragging my bag with me to not be stolen, I kept my gun pointed at the body. It sneaked like a human, but too hidden to certainly be one. Without a care for what it may have been, I got to my feet and still aimed as I shouted "Hands up!"

"I-It's okay. " a voice said, muffled by the motion. Across the barrel and in-between my rear sight, the figure held its hands in front of the shelves before lifting them as it crawled into my full vision. The figure was crouched, and although my vision was blurry from long ago losing my glasses, I could tell that it was a man--or a boy.

"You can stand up. " I said with as much authority as I could and a forced scowl.

He gulped slightly- proof that the sternness in my voice was at least a little successful.

I felt that he was taking a look at me before he uttered, "H-hi." He... was young!

Then I finally got to take a look at the person in front of me. He seemed to be around my age, and with all the hormones suppressed in my body, I felt a gitter of excitement tingle in my chest.

I needed a better look...

"3-3 steps forward, please." I told him, but darn, I lost the authority I wanted to withhold.

Dismissively, he took 3 steps forward until he was 4-5 feet away. I finally was able to focus a defined image of him. So I scanned him upon and down and took notice of a puppy-dog like awe in his eyes with a shimmering green hue that caused a ghost of a hidden smile to creep onto the corners of my mouth. With him tenaciously causing an ache in my heart, I only hoped that I looked presentable to him. It is a good thing that because of the outbreak I had discovered the advantage of being able to wear any practical outfit I could find to flatter my physique and a scarce amount of the cosmetics that has been left in this world to cover my blemishes. Of course, I never wanted to mask the authentic "I've been through hell and back" look.

Hopefully he felt the same way I did at the moment.

And damn did he make the apocalypse look good. His style was rough and handsome with tufts of black hair sticking out from the grime of never being able to find a place to get a decent shower as a scar dashed through the side of his left eyebrow. The scar was placed in an characteristic fashion that would make you want to ask just how he got it; despite the great number of scars that I am sure everyone has.