Highschool

Quick A/N: I just wanted to say that these chapters are going to be longer than my other stories, obviously because this chapter alone is 4416 words, including this A/n, and this story will be following the storyline of the movie. I also wanted to say that this story is more of a stress reliever for me, so please don't judge me too harshly on it. Thank you.

In a world full of superheroes, there are two that stand above the rest. The Commander and Jetstream. His super-strength made him pretty much indestructible and she has the power of supersonic flight as well as total mastery of unarmed combat. By day, they live as Steve and Josie Stronghold, the best real estate agents in the metropolis of Maxville. But, whenever duty calls, they're The Commander and Jetstream. As for me and my twin brother, Will, we have our own names for them. Mom and dad. You may look at them and see the defenders of the world. All I see is my dad wearing tights. Don't get me wrong, having superhero parents can be super cool, like whenever mom brings home awesome takeout on her way home from work. On the other hand, living up to the family name means me and my brother are supposed to save the world someday. I have no problem with that, seeing as I got my powers when I was 7. Will, however, has just one small problem...

"You're going to hurt yourself, Will." I state, staring at my younger brother as he lays down on the bench dad bought him for Christmas. Will chooses to ignore me as he grabs onto the bar above the bench, trying to lift it up. "Come on... Come on..." He says with strain, still trying to lift the bar, which had a twenty pound weight on either side. "Will? Em?" Dad's voice rings from the other side of the door to mine and Will's room. "Uh oh." Will states, shooting up from the bench. I shake my head as I watch him scramble to add more weights to the bar, making it seem as though he was lifting over a hundred pounds on either side of the bar. Will lays back down on the bench just as dad opens the door to our room. "Two hundred!" Will states, acting as though he just finished a workout. "Oh hey dad." He states, looking at our father. "Just trying to get a few sets in before school starts." I roll my eyes as I watch a smile form on our fathers face. "Low weights, high rep huh?" He states, walking over and picking up a 100 pound weight like it was made of styrofoam, twirling it in his hands. "Good thinking. Don't want to bulk up." "Nah, going for more definition." Will says in a somewhat bragging tone. I shake my head. Why does he have to lie? Mom and dad are understanding people, so I don't understand why Will chooses to lie about his powers. But, I'm willing to roll with his lie, seeing as he is my brother. "Big day huh?" Dad smiles at the both of us. "Will, Em?" He says more seriously, but still lightheartedly. "I want you both to know how proud I am that you'll be attending my alma mater and some day following me into the family business." He smiles. "Real estate?" I ask with a playful smile. Dad chuckles and looks at me, winking. "Right. Real estate." He smiles. "On a more serious note..." He sighs, looking at the weight that was still in his hands. "I know that every kid thinks his dad's invincible, and I nearly am, but who knows? Maybe the next time I punch a meteor hurtling towards Earth..." He looks out the window dramatically. "I'll be the one who shatters into a million pieces." Will and I exchange a glance, shaking our heads slightly. "I-I guess all I'm trying to say here kids..." Dad turns his attention back to us. "Is it's nice to know that whatever happens to me, you'll still be around to save the world." "Looking forward to it." Will says, somewhat sarcastically. "We all are." Dad winks, standing up and walking back to the door. "Oh! Hey!" He states, holding up the weight before tossing it to Will. The weight hits him square in the chest, causing him to fall backwards onto the bench. I roll my eyes and walk over to him as he struggles to lift the weight off him. "You deserve that." I state, helping him to pull the weight off. "Shut up." He mumbles, standing up from the bench. I giggle as we both make our way downstairs. I immediately hear mom talking to someone about Will and I when we were young. "I can't believe you, Will and Em are starting high school. It seems like yesterday you two were swimming naked in the kiddie pool." Will obviously heard too because he pushed passed me and glared at mom. "Mom! Hi, Layla." I walk down the stairs, my eyes landing on the red head that was sitting at our kitchen table, hugging my brother. "Heya Layla." I smile, hugging her. As we pull away, Mom walks over with a glass of orange juice for Layla. "Thank you." Layla smiles as a phone starts to go off. Mom smiles back at Layla before going to answer a phone on the kitchen table. "It's... the other one." Dad pulls out a ringing phone from his pocket, answering it. "Go. I see. Thank you mayor." He hangs up, looking at my mom. "There's trouble downtown. Big trouble... downtown." He says dramatically. Mom pouts slightly, turning to the three of us. "Oh, shoot. I really wanted to see Will and Em off to the bus." She turns her attention to Layla. "I remember their first day of preschool. They wouldn't let go of my legs." "Mom!" Will and I say together. "Oh!" Mom giggles as Layla smiles at Will and I. "Josie!" Dad calls impatiently. Mom nods and runs off to... somewhere. "Oh, Will, Em, uh, a reminder." Dad says, walking over to Will and I. "A lot of the kids at Sky High will only have... One superhero parent. Not two. So, take it easy on them, huh? No showing off." He whispers seriously, with a slight smile. "Of course dad." I smile. "Aw, Dad. Not to worry. We'll keep it low-key." Will states. "Mrs. Rivera?" Mom's voice rings out. I knew she was on the phone with a client. "Josie Stronghold. I'm going to need to reschedule that open house. Great." She hangs up the phone and walks over to a bookcase. She pulls one of the books, causing the bookcase to move, revealing two poles leading down to hers and dads lair. "Steve!" She calls. "Gotta go!" Dad states, running over to mom. I shake my head and turn on the TV, which was coincidentally on the News Channel. "... Reports of a situation downtown. Let's check with a picture from the News Chopper Five." The picture cuts to the view of a helicopter. There was a large robot destroying downtown. "Evil has struck our morning commute. Here's a hint: If you're traveling eastbound, you might want to think about alternate routes." The reporter pauses for a moment before continuing. "Hang on. This just in: The Commander and Jetstream are on their way!"